Does anyone belive that Drew Bledsoe

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady left without scoring any points.  They were ahead 7-0 on a special teams touchdown.

Bledsoe scored 10 points. Bledsoe played 35 minutes to Brady's 25.

Drew did not play horribly.  No INTs, no fumbles.  3 second half drives of between 4 and 5 minutes each. 3 3rd down conversions.  He played well and won the game.

Your revisionist history about that game is ridiculous.  If Brady is  credited with the win then it's simply another case of Brady getting more undeserved credit for something for which he had little to do.

224093[/snapback]

You are the revisionist. I corrected Fez who falsely said the Patriots were behind when Drew entered the game. The Pats were up 7-0 at that point. You obviously did not watch that game. Like I said Drew played great for one drive then sucked ass the rest of it. He couldnt score any other points, made horrible decisions and could not convert 3rd downs- sounds familiar doesnt it? Troy Brown had a punt return for a TD and the Pats special teams scored on a blocked FG. Special teams and defense carrying Drews ass- that most definatley is familiar.

You are the revisionist.  I corrected Fez who falsely said the Patriots were behind when Drew entered the game.  The Pats were up 7-0 at that point.  You obviously did not watch that game.  Like I said Drew played great for one drive then sucked ass the rest of it.  He couldnt score any other points, made horrible decisions and could not convert 3rd downs- sounds familiar doesnt it?  Troy Brown had a punt return for a TD and the Pats special teams scored on a blocked FG. Special teams and defense carrying Drews ass- that most definatley is familiar.

224115[/snapback]

I most certainly did watch the game. After 4 months off Bledsoe came in and got the job done against the league's best D.

Check the stats. He converted 3 3rd downs. He did drive for a field goal also.

In your zeal to belittle Bledsoe you're calling his effort horrible when it was not.

That's both unfair and disingenuous.

I most certainly did watch the game. After 4 months off Bledsoe came in and got the job done against the league's best D.

Check the stats.  He converted 3 3rd downs. He did drive for a field goal also. 

In your zeal to belittle Bledsoe you're calling his effort horrible when it was not.

That's both unfair and disingenuous.

224125[/snapback]

3 third downs? He came in the second quarter? WTF? Most top QBs convert 3 third downs on one drive. The fact is special teams were why that game was won. Drew had little to do with it. It is best said that Drew did not blow that lead he was given

You are the revisionist.  I corrected Fez who falsely said the Patriots were behind when Drew entered the game.  The Pats were up 7-0 at that point.  You obviously did not watch that game.  Like I said Drew played great for one drive then sucked ass the rest of it.  He couldnt score any other points, made horrible decisions and could not convert 3rd downs- sounds familiar doesnt it?  Troy Brown had a punt return for a TD and the Pats special teams scored on a blocked FG. Special teams and defense carrying Drews ass- that most definatley is familiar.

224115[/snapback]

I can't argue with the end results, but I don't think he looked great on that one drive at all. He looked like a clumsy oaf in the pocket. On the TD pass, Drew threw the ball well over the head of a wide-open Patten, unnecessarily forcing him to make a great catch.

I can't argue with the end results, but I don't think he looked great on that one drive at all. He looked like a clumsy oaf in the pocket. On the TD pass, Drew threw the ball well over the head of a wide-open Patten, unnecessarily forcing him to make a great catch.

224134[/snapback]

It was not by any means a spectacular catch. Patten was easily able to catch it with both hands and get down well within bounds. It's common to throw the ball high in the endzone to prevent INTs. Check Football 101.

Now you guys want to analyse the quality of the TD throws....you haters are starting to look silly.

With any luck, for you and your gang's sake and Bledsoe's too, Bledsoe will be gone. But the trashing has been taken to a truly tasteless level. You guys gotta find a hobby.

Yeah, he's 2 for 2 in that category today :rolleyes:

224108[/snapback]

Ah, but you still haven't shown how I misinterpreted you. Seems to me you have nothing. As always.

AG, don't try to put words in my mouth. You're not smart enough.

Yeah, but can your dad beat up my dad?

Ah, but you still haven't shown how I misinterpreted you. Seems to me you have nothing. As always.

224145[/snapback]

My Dad is dead. But since the apple doesn't often fall far from the tree...yeah, he probably can.

It was not by any means a  spectacular catch.  Patten was easily able to catch it with both hands and get down well within bounds.  It's common to throw the ball high in the endzone to prevent INTs.  Check Football 101.

Now you guys want to analyse the quality of the TD throws....you haters are starting to look silly.

224143[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I'm not slamming Bledsoe for his play in that game...

understandable that he'd be rusty after sitting for so long.

My Dad is dead.  But since the apple doesn't often fall far from the tree...yeah, he probably can.

224149[/snapback]

:rolleyes:;):lol:

Wow. I don't even know what to say. That might be one of the most unintentionally hilarious things I've ever read in my lifetime. :lol::lol::lol:

224145[/snapback]

AG, I didn't respond because it wouldn't do any good. As Oneida said, you're not smart enough.

CW

AG, I didn't respond because it wouldn't do any good.  As Oneida said, you're not smart enough.

CW

224159[/snapback]

Good one. Maybe if we were still in grade school and this were recess, something that weak might work.

You couldn't come up with any real argument, so you hide behind petty internet insults. How old are you? Could your dad beat up my dad? :rolleyes:

You fail.

If you think it was unintentional, then your skull is thicker than I thought.

Rock on, genius.

224172[/snapback]

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. :rolleyes:;):lol:

You are the Comedy King of the Trailer Park, my friend. Rock on, indeed.

But just to refresh your memory of your "intended" comedy, I'll post what you said again:

My Dad is dead. But since the apple doesn't often fall far from the tree...yeah, he probably can.

:lol: Please don't ever stop posting.

Hall of fame?  ha ha

-->I<-- am a better QB than Drew Bledsoe.  You might think I'm kidding but I'm not.  I really believe this.  I mean, I may have been third string in high school, but I could always throw the short passes with touch I thought.  And with better accuracy than Drew for sure.

Let's say the Bills are down by two and need to drive for the win.  With Drew at the helm, he's doomed to get sacked and fumble or, if we're lucky, just sacked or he throws 4 straight incompletions (maybe the 4th one is picked off).  Put me at the helm and run a couple of screens.  I promise I'll get the ball off in time and with the proper arc, direction, and touch. 

We probably wouldn't score, of course, after all I'm a security analyst, not a QB.  But I do think I'd move the ball a bit better than Drew.  But that's just me.

223787[/snapback]

Now I've heard it all!!!

A third string QB in high school thinks he would perform better than Bledsoe. For you to even suggest this is laughable, but to try and explain WHY you think you are better is downright hilarious.

Bledsoe's chances of getting into the HOF will depend more on who he is up against than his overall stats. He has SOME meaningful numbers and is VERY popular, a weak HOF class could get him in.

From the NFL records and history fact book (NFL.com)

Individual Records: Passing

PASSING

ATTEMPTS

Most Seasons Leading League

5 Dan Marino, Miami, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1997

4 Sammy Baugh, Washington, 1937, 1943, 1947-48

Johnny Unitas, Baltimore, 1957, 1959-1961

George Blanda, Chi. Bears, 1953; Houston, 1963-65

3 Arnie Herber, Green Bay, 1932, 1934, 1936

Sonny Jurgensen, Washington, 1966-67, 1969

Drew Bledsoe, New England, 1994-96

Most Consecutive Seasons Leading League

3 Johnny Unitas, Baltimore, 1959-1961

George Blanda, Houston, 1963-65

Drew Bledsoe, New England, 1994-96

2 By many players

Most Passes Attempted, Season

691 Drew Bledsoe, New England, 1994

655 Warren Moon, Houston, 1991

636 Drew Bledsoe, New England, 1995

Most Passes Attempted, Game

70 Drew Bledsoe, New England vs. Minnesota, Nov. 13, 1994 (OT)

69 Vinny Testaverde, N.Y. Jets vs. Baltimore, Dec. 24, 2000

68 George Blanda, Houston vs. Buffalo, Nov. 1, 1964

Jon Kitna, Cincinnati vs. Pittsburgh, Dec. 30, 2001 (OT)

Most Passes Completed, Season

418 Rich Gannon, Oakland, 2002

404 Warren Moon, Houston, 1991

400 Drew Bledsoe, New England, 1994

Most Passes Completed, Game

45 Drew Bledsoe, New England vs. Minnesota, Nov. 13, 1994 (OT)

42 Richard Todd, N.Y. Jets vs. San Francisco, Sept. 21, 1980

Vinny Testaverde, N.Y. Jets vs. Seattle, Dec. 6, 1998

41 Warren Moon, Houston vs. Dallas, Nov. 10, 1991 (OT)

Most Games, 400 or More Yards Passing, Career

13 Dan Marino, Miami, 1983-1999

7 Joe Montana, San Francisco, 1979-1990, 1992; Kansas City, 1993-94

Warren Moon, Houston, 1984-1993; Minnesota, 1994-96; Seattle, 1997-98; Kansas City, 1999-2000

6 Dan Fouts, San Diego, 1973-1987

Drew Bledsoe, New England, 1993-2001; Buffalo, 2002-03

Most Consecutive Games, 300 or More Yards Passing

6 Steve Young, San Francisco, 1998

Kurt Warner, St. Louis, 2000

Rich Gannon, Oakland, 2002

5 Joe Montana, San Francisco, 1982

Kerry Collins, N.Y. Giants, 2001-02

4 Dan Fouts, San Diego, 1979

Dan Fouts, San Diego, 1980-81

Bill Kenney, Kansas City, 1983

Joe Montana, San Francisco, 1985-86

Joe Montana, San Francisco, 1990

Warren Moon, Houston, 1990

Drew Bledsoe, New England, 1993-94

Kurt Warner, St. Louis, 1999

Brian Griese, Denver, 2002

Most Attempts, No Interceptions, Game

70 Drew Bledsoe, New England vs. Minnesota, Nov. 13, 1994 (OT)

63 Rich Gannon, Minnesota vs. New England, Oct. 20, 1991 (OT)

60 Davey O'Brien, Philadelphia vs. Washington, Dec. 1, 1940

Look, I'm not sure he belongs in the HOF either, but he is in the record book in quite a few places. I know that HOF selecting in the NFL is way more subjective than MLB, but I have to believe that the NFL HOF selection committee at least looks at the record books.

All I am saying is that people suggesting that a Drew Bledsoe inclusion into the HOF is laughable are wrong. Take it any way you wish.

Good one. Maybe if we were still in grade school and this were recess, something that weak might work.

You couldn't come up with any real argument, so you hide behind petty internet insults.  How old are you? Could your dad beat up my dad?  :rolleyes:

You fail.

224171[/snapback]

If that makes you feel better about yourself, knock yourself out.

CW