Week 7: Vikings' Game Preparation - Van Miller to Bills' WoF

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@buffalobills

Doug Marrone: "We want to be a team thats physical, that can run the ball when we choose to run it."

@ChrisBrownBills

LS Garrison Sanborn has a knee injury. Limited in practice. Coach Marrone said they worked out a couple of free agents as precaution. #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

Marrone says he's annoyed by Mike Williams' agent requesting permission to seek a trade. #Bills

@buffalobills

Doug Marrone on @sammywatkins: "We have to find a way to get him the ball when he's open"

Doug Marrone: "For the type of team we want to be, we have to win at home where we have an advantage" #RockTheRalph

@ChrisBrownBills

Mike Williams told his head coach that the trade request came from his agent, not him. That according to Doug Marrone. #Bills

Munnerlyn: Buffalo's Speed On Offense A Concern

Captain Munnerlyn addressed the media from the Vikings locker room on Wednesday, October 15.

@buffalobills

Mike Williams: "My agent did what he was supposed to do ... I don't want to be traded. This is my hometown."

Mike Williams: "I just have to keep fighting to stay in the top 46" says he needs to tell his agent "I'm the boss and I want to be here"

Mike Williams: "I'll try to win scout team player of the week."

B0AiTX4IYAAPzYS.jpg

@buffalobills

Kyle Orton: "No doubt, you have to play well at home ... Keep the crowd in it" #RockTheRalph

Kyle Orton: "Every young player that plays ... you learn hard lessons on the field. Sometimes it's not very fun" #schoolofhardknocks

B0AjhXyIcAA426Y.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Vikings Coach Mike Zimmer Conference Call (08:57)

Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer spoke to the Buffalo media to discuss Sunday's game against the Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater Conference Call (07:34)

Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater spoke to the Buffalo media via conference call to discuss Sunday's game against the Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

@JeffRussoWKBW

#Bills CJ Spiller says he needs to get back to trusting what his eyes see in run game, avoid negative plays, turnovers

#Bills Spiller says he hasn't thought about trade deadline - Wants to be a Bill.. Wants to be a part of something special here

Bills injury report

The Bills had three players not participating in practice Wednesday, and one was not even due to injury. Head coach Doug Marrone excused Marcell Dareus for a personal matter. He said Dareus is expected back at practice Thursday. Here’s the rundown of injured Bills players in advance of Sunday’s game against Minnesota.

Preston Brown to see familiar QB Sunday vs. Vikings

Both drafted out of Louisville this past spring, Bills LB Preston Brown and his counterpart, Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater, will be staring at each other across the line of scrimmage.

@BuffaloBillsPR

Wednesday's injury report #Bills & #Vikings

B0A6U0YIcAAWxMx.png

Vikes defensive interior banged up

It’s getting to the point where every NFL club has some banged up players. For Minnesota both of their starting defensive tackles are nicked up and were unable to practice fully on Wednesday.

DT Sharrif Floyd and DT Linval Joseph were both limited Wednesday. Floyd has elbow and ankle injuries. Joseph has an ankle ailment. Here’s a look at the rest of the injury report for Minnesota.

Doug Marrone on Mike Williams (4:48)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about Wide Receiver Mike Williams and the identity of the offense.

Doug Marrone: "We have to win our home games" (4:25)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about the importance of winning home games and Vikings Wide Receiver Cordarrelle Patterson

Doug Marrone: "We have to take advantage" (4:24)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about the rookie offensive lineman and the progression of Sammy Watkins.

C.J. Spiller: "It's Going To Take a Group Effort" (5:52)

Running Back C.J. Spiller talks about getting the running game back on track and the challenges the Vikings will present in Week 7.

Kyle Orton: "You've Got To Play Well At Home" (4:32)

Quarterback Kyle Orton talks about the importance of getting a win at home this Sunday and the recent success of Scott Chandler and Chris Hogan.

Mike Williams: "I'm Happy Here, I Want To Be Here"(2:16)

Wide Receiver Mike Williams responds to trade talk.

Rush frequency impacted by time & score

The Bills run game has had its share of struggles not just this past week against New England, but the past three games. A good part of why is rooted in being behind on the scoreboard. Trailing in the game has contributed to calling more pass plays than usual, which is why Buffalo’s run percentage is down from what it was last season.

Boobie Dixon: "I'm the wild horse"

Bills running back Boobie Dixon joined The John Murphy Show to discuss why he's the wild one in the running back group, why he loves to "bark," and how the Bills can get better rushing the ball on offense.

Practice Roundup 10/15: Vikings Seek Consistency

When Vikings Head Coach Mike Zimmer was asked Wednesday if he expects to see a “new team” Sunday when Minnesota visits Buffalo, he said he expects to see one he’s seen before but not enough of during the regular season.

“This is not a magical answer but the team that played so good in the preseason, played good in the first game, played good against Atlanta was doing the things (to win games),” Zimmer said. “Hopefully they’ll understand the importance of this to playing winning football.”

Takeo Spikes: "My heart will always be in Buffalo"

Former Bills LB and now NFL Analyst Takeo Spikes joined The John Murphy Show to discuss this weekend's game, where he will be Leading the Charge. He also talks about his run-in with Bills owner Kim Pegula.

@BuffaloBillsPR

Today's media availability schedule:

B0EcCgdCcAIqVOc.png

C.J. Spiller on struggles: I’m overthinking, but not about contract

Bills running back C.J. Spiller heard questions about his drop in production last year when he ran for 4.6 yards per carry after posting a robust six yards per tote in 2012.

The questions are coming again. Spiller is down to 3.4 yards per carry and he’s run for just 27 yards on 16 carries the last two weeks. His playing time has dropped as well, which is hardly where you want to be with an expiring contract and an uncertain future in Buffalo. Spiller said Wednesday that contract concerns aren’t to blame for his low productivity as he’s choosing to pin the blame on thinking too much with the ball in his hands.

10-15: FOXSPORTS.COM'S P. SCHRAGER WITH JOHN MURPHY ON WGR (13:51)

Schrager is on this Sunday's Vikings vs. Bills Fox telecast as the sideline reporter.

@Andrew_Krammer

If you haven't listened, this is a good episode to jump in on -- analyzing #Vikings-#Bills https://soundcloud.c...-bills …

Minnesota Vikings News and Links, 10/16

Photos: Wednesday's Practice - Preparing for the Bills

View images from the Wednesday, October 15 practice at Winter Park.