Top 5 catches of Week 5.

Sojourner

So I just finished watching this and I am totally perplexed as to how Sammy's catch came in at #5 behind Travis Benjamin's TD winner for the Browns and Riley Cooper's catch over Janoris Jenkins (at #4 and #3 respectively).

#1 and #2 are rightly ahead of that but if anything the two mentioned are run of the mill catches we see at least 10-15 times a season at a minimum...

-PS. Please don't come with the regular "Bills have to earn respect from national/mainstream media

Edited by Smooth

I'd say because they were TD catches. It's just what happens. If Y would have caught a TD in that okay he would have been higher.

The real question is why the amazing sideline catch (I think in the Falcons game) isn't even on the list.

Agreed. You might even make the argument that Sammy's catch was the most impressive, given the situation. Definitely leagues better than the Benjamin and Cooper catches though.

Cannot top Dez's one arm snare with a defender draped over him trying to get the ball loose. Remarkable play all around.

I'd say because they were TD catches. It's just what happens. If Y would have caught a TD in that okay he would have been higher.

The real question is why the amazing sideline catch (I think in the Falcons game) isn't even on the list.

I would argue more often than not with those two TD catches that the throw/ball placement is what makes the catch, the catch. Dez, Julio Sammy's catches are poor if not awful throws turned into big conversions. Especially given the Sammy and Dez catches set up game winners.

And the catch I think you're referring to on the sideline was Julio as well. Could be argued on that one that Ryan dropped it in the bucket between coverage. Still remarkable body control.