CJ Spiller the Drive KILLER

Stussy109

Running CJ up the gut on 1st and ten is as predictable as you can get. Hackett needs to get that a pass on first down is necessary sometimes to get out of the predictable mode and that CJ going out on a LB is a total mismatch. CJ is useless up the middle, but could be huge out of the backfield going DOWNFIELD!!! That said, I'm sure Hackett has no intentions to do this...

In addition to agreeing that CJ has not been good at all this season, I would like to add that Fred Jackson is one of my favorite Bills ever and it's just amazing how he squeezes every inch out of every run.

And CJ's career average is second in the NFL amongst active backs, 5.0, just behind Jamaal Charles. And a half yard more per carry than Fred Jackson at 4.5 who gets every inch out of every run he can.

I guarantee that CJ will have great games this year, too. Even if we don't know how to use him.

Detroit has one of the most ferocious defensive fronts in the NFL. Going into the game they were the top defense in the NFL in yds/game. Spiller was mostly used as an outside pitch-back, as he should be, but the Lions beat their blocks and had too much speed for that to work. It was a Freddy kinda day...pound inside between the creases and take what you can squeeze out of it.

Spiller is great in space, but there was no space to be found. New England should turn out to be a much better day for him.

I support making Jackson the feature back with no question. CJ can change the pace and participate as a slasher on the filed w/ Fred at the same time (situation permitting).

I'm NOT sure him in the slot is great...is he better than who we have in the slot? Probably not.