Coulda faked a punt early in the game

Utah John

Early in the game, the Bills lined up to punt, and the Lions had 10 men rushing the punter and only the return man back deep. The Bills' gunner was wide left, all alone. How hard would it be for the punter to hit the gunner on a 15 yard crossing route? No one to cover the guy, no one to break up an easy, soft pass. And only one player, the punt returner, to beat.

I don't think I've ever seen 10 men rush on a punt, and might never again, but it would be smart to have a fake punt check ready to go at all times.

Early in the game, the Bills lined up to punt, and the Lions had 10 men rushing the punter and only the return man back deep. The Bills' gunner was wide left, all alone. How hard would it be for the punter to hit the gunner on a 15 yard crossing route? No one to cover the guy, no one to break up an easy, soft pass. And only one player, the punt returner, to beat.

I don't think I've ever seen 10 men rush on a punt, and might never again, but it would be smart to have a fake punt check ready to go at all times.

well, I've seen 10 men rush a punt quite often, but I've been watching football for over 40 years. To answer your question, it might be quite hard for the punter to hit a 15 yard crossing route, especially if the punter can't throw the ball well.

I'm not sure how you didn't get hired as HC. Did you submit your resume?