Whos the Sproles fan?

JP-era

1,934 yards his junior year. 5th in line for heisman.

great agility and moves. good speed.

the ONLY downside to him is his size at 5-7 180lbs. for this reason almost all scouts have him as only a 3rd down back.

i would LOVE to see us get this guy, but i dout it. i think a team will take him late in the second. :) he played very well at the senior bowl. to say hes a "berry sanders type" might be streaching it abit, but he has some moves. ill be watching this guy for years to come.

he has a website darrensproles.com or something like that, (im a bad speller).

if hes on the board in the 3rd and its our pick....... i will be screaming for us to select him.

I'm a KSU grad and have watched his whole career, so I'm a little biased.

Sproles IS a Barry Sanders type of runner. He has so many moves it's not funny and he has great acceleration and physically strong. Also, his shortness in stature is good because when the line is blocking it is very hard to see him when he comes through the line. He is very shifty, makes ppl miss and can cut on a dime, he has it all.

The reason for a somewhat average performance this year was the OLine was very young/inexperienced. I cannot tell you how many times a defender was ready to tackle Sproles when he got the ball from the QB. It wasn't Sproles' fault.

Whichever team that gets Sproles will have a true playmaker. He can also return kicks/punts.

I was expecting him to go 2nd day, but with the Senior bowl, he might go late 1st day/early 2nd day. I would project 3-4th rounder on him.

I would take Sproles over Shaud Williams any day.

I'm a KSU grad and have watched his whole career, so I'm a little biased.

Sproles IS a Barry Sanders type of runner.  He has so many moves it's not funny and he has great acceleration and physically strong.  Also, his shortness in stature is good because when the line is blocking it is very hard to see him when he comes through the line.  He is very shifty, makes ppl miss and can cut on a dime, he has it all.

The reason for a somewhat average performance this year was the OLine was very young/inexperienced.  I cannot tell you how many times a defender was ready to tackle Sproles when he got the ball from the QB.  It wasn't Sproles' fault.

Whichever team that gets Sproles will have a true playmaker.  He can also return kicks/punts.

I was expecting him to go 2nd day, but with the Senior bowl, he might go late 1st day/early 2nd day.  I would project 3-4th rounder on him.

I would take Sproles over Shaud Williams any day.

224965[/snapback]

Interesting. Can't ignore someone who has watched him in many games. Thanks.