Ryder Cup 2014

There's been a few questionable decisions by Mr. Watson. Besides the one you mentioned, not sending Speith/Reed back out yesterday afternoon was a huge mistake IMO.

He did do the right thing I think by sending out Speith and Reed out 1 and 2. We need three of the first four to realistically have any shot and they are our best bet. It's been done before multiply times in the Ryder Cup so there is hope

those guys play a lot of golf during the year, and I think a lot are burnt out and dont really have the desire or energy at this time of year -- especially the Americans who don't really care as much as the Europeans. Also think the Presidents Cup which has Americans playing every year also saps their interest.

Justin Rose was just unbelievable in the morning, 10 birdies in a row...8 of them from Rose! I think that team shot 59. Bubba's team shot 7 under and got beat pretty good. Wow, that is just hats off to Europe, great playing.

Edit. Watching the first hole live right now, ....umm guess I not be watching much golf today

Edit edit.... Wow , McDowell lips out , Speith saves from the bunker! maybe the luck has changed today!

Btw, golf may be the best sport in history to watch on DVR. Live is so slow.

Edited by plenzmd1

Mickelson is an !@#$ for throwing Watson under the bus at the PC after the tournament. Even worse, Watson was sitting a few seats down from Lefty. I hope he never gets sleected for the Ryder Cup again.

I dunno - I always appreciate when players speak their mind in interviews.

Plus the comments seemed fairly tame.

Mickelson is an !@#$ for throwing Watson under the bus at the PC after the tournament. Even worse, Watson was sitting a few seats down from Lefty. I hope he never gets sleected for the Ryder Cup again.

Phil was right. Watson thinks managing a team means having a big ego. He's the one who should never be involved in another Ryder Cup.

Phil was right. Watson thinks managing a team means having a big ego. He's the one who should never be involved in another Ryder Cup.

Just saying to call out Watson in front of the media instead of behind closed doors was a ****ty thing to do. Not saying that Mickelson questioning the strategy was incorrect. Just the way he handled it.

Just saying to call out Watson in front of the media instead of behind closed doors was a ****ty thing to do. Not saying that Mickelson questioning the strategy was incorrect. Just the way he handled it.

At least it showed he cared about the outcome and was frustrated he didn't get more of a chance to play. Must suck getting all amped up, you're the biggest name on the team, and you end up riding the pine in a blowout. Maybe theres some history between the two.