The Longest Yard

OnTheRocks

I tossed money down the drain going to see that asinine "Punch Drunk Love".  His one and only halfway decent movie was "The Waterboy" -  which I saw on tv for free.

221871[/snapback]

Wow, I have the exact opposite take on him as you do.......I thought Punch Drunk Love was awesome, but that the Waterboy was amazingly bad.

Wow, I have the exact opposite take on him as you do.......I thought Punch Drunk Love was awesome, but that the Waterboy was amazingly bad.

221877[/snapback]

What was the plot of Punch Drunk? It was a disjointed mish-mosh of a flick to me. The opening scene of the rolling piano intrigued, but that was it for me.

Waterboy is no prize winner, for sure, but I liked the "jerk-does-well" aspect, his mom, and the girlfriend.

I'm happy you liked PDL - it did zero for me, tho. :w00t:

So it goes.

What was the plot of Punch Drunk? It was a disjointed mish-mosh of a flick to me.  The opening scene of the rolling piano intrigued, but that was it for me.

Waterboy is no prize winner, for sure, but I liked the "jerk-does-well" aspect, his mom, and the girlfriend.

I'm happy you liked PDL - it did zero for me, tho. :w00t:

So it goes.

221894[/snapback]

It's hard to say what the plot of PDL was, in all honesty. Essentially (this is just my take), it's a movie about overcoming your weaknesses and shortcomings, especially as it pertains to interacting with other people. Sandler's character (Barry something or other) really goes through a transformation from beginning to end, and I think the movie just uses several different quirky (and hopefully entertaining) experiences to spur on the growth. I dunno, I think I tend to appreciate movies that are "different", you know? Besides, it had Phillip Seymour Hoffman in it.......that guy rules, man.

Wedding Singer was pretty funny.

IMHO

221916[/snapback]

Forgot about that one......anyone who grew up in the 80s has no excuse for not finding at least SOME humor in that film.

Christ almighty! Are there NO original ideas in Hollywood anymore???? All we get is sh------- remakes and sequels.... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

222171[/snapback]

i'm afraid it has come to this. I can see them doing a remake of North Dallas 40.

Nolte's character will be played by Owen Wilson, Mac will be played by Ben Stiller.

i'm afraid it has come to this. I can see them doing a remake of North Dallas 40.

Nolte's character will be played by Owen Wilson, Mac will be played by Ben Stiller.

222206[/snapback]

or pride of the yankees starring jaimie fox, with alec baldwin as babe ruth

I love almost all his movies but they are really f'in stupid. Guess you had to be a kid when they came out.

Anger Management was real good I thought. Its that quirky, subtle "how would they ever think to do something like that and put it in a movie" mentality (ala Anchorman) that I think is really good. And it gets better the more you see it.