Pandora 's Promise - the documentary thread

BUFFALOKIE

That looks interesting, I will have to take a look at it.

My recent favorites

Muscle Shoals

Twenty Feet From Stardom

Sound CIty

Beware of Mr Baker

Talhotblond (not a great doc; a murder that took place very close to my boyhood home)

Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room

Food, Inc.

Don't necessarily recommend, but I will give the ringing endorsement of "watched the whole thing". I don't really like when a doc feels like it's exploiting people to make you feel better about yourself.

The Imposter

Aileen Wournos: The Selling of a Serial Killer

Brother's Keeper

Nightmares in Red, White, and Blue

Vernon, Florida

Confessions of a Superhero

Others

The Queen of Versailles (did not finish)

New York in the Fifties (did not finish)

The American Scream (did not finish)

Room 237 (I wish I didn't finish it, but I did)

Edited by Terry Tate

Thanks for the list. I've seen Muscle Shoals, and Eileen. Did n you watch Monster? It was the movie ($) that Eileen predicted in the documentary. Possible the most depressing flick iv ever seen.

Unhung hero is good. About a dude who proposed to his girlfriend at a basketball game, or maybe it was a baseball game, and she turned him down. Caught on camera and all. She told him later it was because he had a small pecker. So the guy embarks on an around the world tour, to basically find a consensus on two questions. Does size matter? And are there any truly effective enlargement methods?

It's quite histerical at times, and fairly educational, but this guy's humility and bravery is actually somewhat inspirational.

Sound City not on Netflix now.

Vernon Florida...LOL...WTF was the point of that?

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER

I watched Pandora's Promise tonight. Interesting, but lacking. If you are interested in the subject, this is what you really need to see. If you're interested in the science of nuclear power, better set aside a couple hours. I could not stop watching it.

I've watched more Netflix docs than I can recall. Without Netflix I would not have the vast range of superficial knowledge about subjects that few care about.

Particle Fever - i slammed a few Pumkings so that drunk me can discuss the Higgs particle at an 8th grade level.

Food, Inc & Forks Over Knives - were both well done

Collapse - was interesting although fear mongering and riddled with conspiracy theories

The Devil Came on Horseback

Escape from Suburbia

Maxed Out

What subjects are you most interested in exploring but refuse to read a book?