Some Bold Predictions as the Season Begins

I'll revisit this after the season and see if even half of these are correct...

1. Sammy Watkins, while having an encouraging season, will finish second on the Bills in yards (to Robert Woods) and touchdowns (to Scott Chandler).

2. Not a single defensive lineman nets double digit sacks this time, but the Bills in total will still get at least 45.

3. Bryce Brown will touch the ball 100 times.

4. By the end of the season, 33 year old Fred Jackson has 900 rushing yards, 300 receiving yards, and 9 touchdowns, yet will enter the 2015 fantasy season vastly underrated.

5. Kyle Orton starts more games than EJ Manuel.

6. After each Bills loss that renders the team at .500 or lower, 20% of new threads will be about quitting the team forever.

7. Brandon Spikes will have 110 tackles, include 80 solo tackles, after playing a surprising number of 3rd downs.

8. Aaron Williams will lead the team in interceptions and be a backup FS in the pro bowl.

9. Of the current starters on the offensive line, only Eric Wood and Cordy Glenn will be un-replaced at their position by the bye week.

10. The Bills will overcome their QB deficiencies to go 8-8, and the Browns will use the 17th pick of the draft on a bust. :)

1. If Sammy is healthy he'll put up the most receptions and yards. The big question is if he can stay healthy or if the ribs bother him all year.

2. Multiple defensive linemen will have double digit sacks, though I agree that sacks overall will be down.

3. I thought this about Brown too going into the pre-season but it appears that Dixon is the guy who will be on the active roster in front of him unless injury strikes.

4. I love me some Freddie and think you're right in that his numbers will be similar to what they were last year.

5. Kyle Orton only starts more games than Manuel if EJ gets hurt. Otherwise he doesn't get a single start.

6. After each loss 80% of the new threads will blame EJ.

7. Yeah, I too think Spikes is primed for a big year.

8. Agree that A. Williams leads the team in interceptions but he's not getting near the Pro Bowl. It takes of year of being really good to get him the name recognition before he gets the accolades the following year.

9. Disagree about the OL. I think they're going to give the time to gel and nobody gets replaced by the bye week barring injury.

10. 8-8 is about where I put them, a few bad breaks and they're a 6 or 7 win team. A few good breaks and they sniff the playoffs. The team has too much talent for them to go completely down the drain like the national pundits predict.

EJ starts all 16 games, and puts up promising numbers

Bills make the playoffs

Defense finishes in the top 10 overall, and points allowed, and rush yds against

Watkins makes the pro bowl

OK, so I am a homer and an eternal optimist!