Arizona also out of the running for Travis

VABills

I get the feeling the Bills better get a deal done ASAP and take what they can get...because of other RB's become avail later on this year, there may not be a market for Travis

219394[/snapback]

ASAP would be March 2 though. Hopefully Travis and his agent aren't drumming up the interest too early.

Maybe when it's all said and Travis sees what he is REALLY worth in the market -- and comes back to the Bills with his tail between his legs.

219525[/snapback]

I think it is highly unlikely that Henry would remain a Bill, but if a deal can't get done, it would be fine with me if Henry does the fence mending necessary to crawl across glass and take a role as a back-up RB for the Bills.

One of the amusing reads for me are TSW posts by folks who apparently look at this from a testerone standpoint rather than a business standpoint. By far the thing which serves Henry's interests right now is to get a deal done and move on. However, by re-upping for a year in exchange for some upfront cash which he needed because he apparently mismanaged his assets, all the cards are in the Bills hands for making a trade,

If you take the possibility of making a trade away because no one will make an offer sufficient for TD, the Bills still hold all the contractual cards for a year and Henry will have to make a choice.

1. Stand on his vanities, show he has major cjones and get screwed financially and practically.

2. Suck it up, make whatever peace he can with the Bills and know that the fates are pretty likely to provide him with a shot as a back-up to make as many dollars as he can and show some pride he can both market and his Mom will feel good about even if it hurts him.

Some have thrown out the idea that if TD won't accept a deal then Henry can hold out, pout or throw a hissy-fit.

Certainly theoretically true, but do so would clearly and obviously not serve his personal interests at all,

A. He cannot formally hold out because under the CBA he only will accrue time toward him gaining FA status if he is a member of the team in good standing. Were he to hold out in 2005, he would not knock a year off his contract and he would still be Bills property and not an FA in 2006.

B. He could show up for work but not put any effort into it and thus accrue time. However, were he to play this game, he not only would screw the Bills but also his teammates who in essence would have no one backing up WM. It would be a very painful year for Henry hanging out and being hated.

C. The Henry goal in all this is to get a big FA conract, were he to hang out and do nothing for a year, he not only adds a second non-productive year in a row to his resume, but he adds a rep as a malingerer with GMs because he screwed the Bills and potentially among players if he screwed the efforts to win it 05.

Even if you want to classify Henry as an idiot not derving the accolades he got as a stand-up guy form Bills fans last year, if anything he has shown that he is pliable and subject to advsisors because he kept his mouth shut while the season was going on. Those who wanted to label him a cancer were forced to try to read into an interpret his body language since he rarely gave folks the press quotes to feed a fight during the season.

I think those who say its obvious that he will react like a baby if worse comes to worse and there is no deal say more about themselves and what they view is important in the world than they do about what Henry will or won't do.

Even if you want to classify Henry as an idiot not derving the accolades he got as a stand-up guy form Bills fans last year, if anything he has shown that he is pliable and subject to advsisors because he kept his mouth shut while the season was going on.  Those who wanted to label him a cancer were forced to try to read into an interpret his body language since he rarely gave folks the press quotes to feed a fight during the season.

219640[/snapback]

I would much rather have a crybaby who delivers on the field, because he knows that is his ticket out of town, rather than the sulking quiet guy who trips on the hashmarks because his manhood was challenged.

His onfield behavior certainly supports the theory that he became a locker room cancer during the season. What do you have to back your validation of Henry being a valuable contributor to the Bills.

I get the feeling the Bills better get a deal done ASAP and take what they can get...because of other RB's become avail later on this year, there may not be a market for Travis

219394[/snapback]

We have to stay patient with this one. It will work out for our team. We will get what we intend.

The trade deadline hasn't opened yet has it? I didn't think teams could trade until Feb 18th (some date like that). Anyone know for sure?

219639[/snapback]

I believe that trades/FA signings can't happen until March 1st. Teams can talk to players and make deals, but nothing can officially be done until March 1st.