Best food options

jsswansonjr

Parking lot. Bring a grill and have at it. It's the real game day experience.

Of course the night before there are a million options. As a lifer here in WNY, i have my wing opinions as well. Went to Anchor for only the second time ever and it was as underwhelming and overpriced as the first and an annoying tourist trap. Duffs but the Original on Sheridan. Like em crispy. Tell em to toss em lightly without too much sauce and to make em extra crispy. Best sauce in WNY by far.

But there's so many good places all over to eat at. If Schwabels is back open in West Seneca it's a can't miss for beef on weck. Coles in Bflo for good standard pub grub with a good beer selection and atmophere. Call way ahead for a ressie and hit Mulberry in Lackawanna for killer Italian at a great price. John Murphy was at the table next to me last time I was there. It's really endless!

One of my sons shames me and orders his wings naked with the sauce on the side. I hang my head and try to stay quiet. Truth be told, they do stay crispier that way. I won't admit that to him because it's just so wrong (but so good). Grilled wings last night then followed up with Texas Pete. No great wings in these parts that I've found... There used to be a place on the east side Transit Rd north of Main St (Rosie's?) that was a little hole in the wall but loved those wings! By the time I grew into Duff's I was more into the cold beer. I knew a guy in Hilton Head who owned a restaurant in the early 80's who had never heard of chicken wings. We went of to the store and back to his kitchen. I won't say they were the best wings ever, but they may have been the first on Hilton Head or even in SC. And it sure was fun as the taps were flowing as we tinkered!