Russell Wilson, Super Bowl QB

Since EJ is going into his 2nd year, i thought it would be interesting how the Super Bowl champion looked in his first game last year. Sure enough, here are the stats from the preseason opener vs. the Chargers last year: 2 for 6, 23 yards passing, 9 yards rushing, zero points for Seattle with Wilson in the game.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330808024

Not saying i don't have my worries about EJ, but there's really no need to panic about what we saw last night.

It was an EXTRA preseason game.... If Williams makes the catch in the endzone it wouldn't look as bad of a performance. No need to panic, EJ said it himself "I think if it was a situation where coach wanted us to continue to play and show what we needed to show he would've done that. I think he knows that being it's our first game and we have another one coming up soon I'm sure we'll get some more run next week."

If by the Enid of the preseason we don't see progress then we should start to worry... Not about an extra preseason game where he was only In for a few series. Take a deep breath... Or a big hit and relaaaaaax.

I think there would be less reason to worry if this wasn't a continuation of the EJ we saw last season. He needs more playing time. Why he only played 2 series is beyond me. The coaching staff can't keep him out due to fear of injury, and then expect him to miraculously be good/serviceable even in the regular season.

hopefully the pre-season practices vs. the steelers will help as well. He needs action against other defenses in faster situations.