What Will Mary Do ? Is It Her Decision or Ralph's Wishes ?

There are terms in the Trust of which we know nothing. Unlikes Wills, which become "public" when probated, Trusts (that are not created under a Will, of course, but that are separate instruments) do not get probated. Net-net, the terms are not known. It could well be, and I suspect it is true, that Ralph included instructions to the Trustee as part of that instrument. The man was 95 years old - he knew this was coming. He was not a stupid man. And just as he discussed futures with Kelly & Co, he could even have discussed with Pegula. Who knows. But everyone who assumes that the ONLY criterion is $$$ is, I suspect, making a mistake. I guess we'll find out soon enough though.

There are terms in the Trust of which we know nothing. Unlikes Wills, which become "public" when probated, Trusts (that are not created under a Will, of course, but that are separate instruments) do not get probated. Net-net, the terms are not known. It could well be, and I suspect it is true, that Ralph included instructions to the Trustee as part of that instrument. The man was 95 years old - he knew this was coming. He was not a stupid man. And just as he discussed futures with Kelly & Co, he could even have discussed with Pegula. Who knows. But everyone who assumes that the ONLY criterion is $$$ is, I suspect, making a mistake. I guess we'll find out soon enough though.

Agreed, there should be far more than just money entering into the decision.

He was barely cold in the grave when she auctioned off his prized Monets...

Did you give any thought to this post?

I'll just chalk this comment up to knowing very little about Mr. Wilson and his family.

Anyone who has interacted with Mary at any of the various charity events she has been to (not to mention Mr. Wilson's memorial at the stadium) would never say something so hurtful.

They are reporting they are re opening the bidding again, why? He bought the team for 25,000, can sell it for over a billion, made 100's of millions along the way, not including all the freebie tax payer handouts. If the estate is so concerned about us then why reopen the bidding? They have a local buyer who will commit to WNY, and will try to use the team to help revive the area. Remember a true friend will always stab you in the front.