Authenticating Autographs

I have an autographed Jim Kelly jersey I got from JC Penney's years ago. I had it custom framed costing me over 400 when it was done. Throughout my many military moves I lost the COA for that as well as a Mickey Mantle baseball I have. Anyone know how I can go about getting it authenticated without having to send it off? I know you can go through I think PSA but I also believe you have to send the items in and I don't want to have to take it out of the framing.

Dave and Adams card world might have some suggestions for you. Or if your not in the area, you could always.... Whelp!!!, call Mike Schoop in the mornings in his Saturday morning show about collecting. I actually enjoy him on this show. He's not such a smug bastard.

I have an autographed Jim Kelly jersey I got from JC Penney's years ago. I had it custom framed costing me over 400 when it was done. Throughout my many military moves I lost the COA for that as well as a Mickey Mantle baseball I have. Anyone know how I can go about getting it authenticated without having to send it off? I know you can go through I think PSA but I also believe you have to send the items in and I don't want to have to take it out of the framing.

Using PSA has benefits, and the authentication process isn't cheap so having the jersey remounted is likely a small cost comparatively. You would end up,with their hologram on the Jersey, but they are highly regarded in the field for any kind of authentication.

Unless you want to sell it, why bother.