Athletes and their fans

rolly

I constantly hear all of these athletes say "We wanna win this one for our fans and the city."

Are these guys being sincere or are they under training by the team PR guy?

I always wonder this and I have difficulty seeing these guys as being genuine. I guess I just can't get the money factor out of my mind. I would like to believe that they really feel this way, and I'm sure it is in a few instances. It's hard to look at someone as a human being when they make millions of dollars a year I guess.

I constantly hear all of these athletes say "We wanna win this one for our fans and the city."

Are these guys being sincere or are they under training by the team PR guy?

I always wonder this and I have difficulty seeing these guys as being genuine. I guess I just can't get the money factor out of my mind. I would like to believe that they really feel this way, and I'm sure it is in a few instances. It's hard to look at someone as a human being when they make millions of dollars a year I guess.

218156[/snapback]

It depends on the athlete. Some are sincere, others are bastards.

Why do baseball players, regardless of the score, give each other high fives after every homerun? Sincerity? I highly doubt it.

I would like to believe that football players care a bit more, especially in a cold weather, working class area such as WNY, but it is wishful thinking.

Prolly a little of both. When Rueben Brown and Moulds say it I believe them since they have demonstrated their love of Buffalo. If McGahee says that, well... I'll assume his PR guy told him to say that.

218257[/snapback]

I think that Kelly had a respect for Bills fans, or at least the edge we provided him. Didn't he once refer to home games as playing in front of "80,000 sick people?" :)

Well when "fans" refer to their former demi-gods as "pieces of sh*t", "worthless" , "pussies" , "dipshits", etc, etc, etc...I wouldn't really blame a player for not becoming too emotionally attached to the fanbase. They'd be crazy to....

218340[/snapback]

You got that right. Even Packer fans have started to boo - which never used to happen.

One of the 90s NFL films retrospectives had our players talking about how positive our fans were and how they treated the players with respect and never booed no matter how the game was going. That's obviously over.