key to 2014

Have to throw the long ball sometime.....haven't seen EJ make those throws yet. Thad Lewis had a better deep arm than EJ, I saw that last year. If his long throws are not better this year, we will be having another taste of Fitz like performance.

The NYJets game he hit the deep passes. Two in a row, one to Graham and a TD to Goodwin.

The Key to the 2014 season is not Sammy Watkins, EJ Manuel or the Defense, it's the Offensive line. Marrone is an old Offensive lineman, and old Offensive line coach and a good one at that. RT Cyrus Kouandjio, RG Chris Williams,, C Eric Wood, LG Chris Hairston, LT Cordy Glenn. Throw in Cyril Richardson, SeanTrel Henderson as back ups. They have the size and musle to dominate the line of scrimmage. To let CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson and crew run all people taking pressure off EJ Manuel and the defense. Yes the Bills ran well last year, but not on the key downs. Remember the KC game when they couldn't punch it over the goal line. This crew should dominate and this team lead the league in rushing and time of possession.

Please call Bulldog tomorrow afternoon 3-7 with this take, Ill be listening and will have my popcorn ready.

The Key to the 2014 season is not Sammy Watkins, EJ Manuel or the Defense, it's the Offensive line. Marrone is an old Offensive lineman, and old Offensive line coach and a good one at that. RT Cyrus Kouandjio, RG Chris Williams,, C Eric Wood, LG Chris Hairston, LT Cordy Glenn. Throw in Cyril Richardson, SeanTrel Henderson as back ups. They have the size and musle to dominate the line of scrimmage. To let CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson and crew run all people taking pressure off EJ Manuel and the defense. Yes the Bills ran well last year, but not on the key downs. Remember the KC game when they couldn't punch it over the goal line. This crew should dominate and this team lead the league in rushing and time of possession.

Though I don't think that the OL is THE key, I think it is certainly one of the keys......and an important one that often gets overlooked with the talk of QB , D, Watkins etc.

It seems to me that the QB issue has become somewhat polarized. Most people seem to be voicing that EJ has to be great for us to make the playoffs. If they were talking about making the SB, I definitely agree.......but IMO we only need to see some reasonable improvement from the QB position for this team to be able to make the playoffs.

Improved QB play along side improved OL play could see our offense become dominant(mainly in the run game).

Edited by Dibs

Though I don't think that the OL is THE key, I think it is certainly one of the keys......and an important one that often gets overlooked with the talk of QB , D, Watkins etc.

It seems to me that the QB issue has become somewhat polarized. Most people seem to be voicing that EJ has to be great for us to make the playoffs. If they were talking about making the SB, I definitely agree.......but IMO we only need to see some reasonable improvement from the QB position for this team to be able to make the playoffs.

Improved QB play along side improved OL play could see our offense become dominant(mainly in the run game).

Thank you!!!

Deep pass attempts by EJ last year were few and far between. There could be several reasons for this. The main one, IMO, is EJ wasn't recognizing the defensive scheme quick enough to determine whether an attempt should be made. That indecisiveness was what was holding our offense back last season.