The good News bout our OTA performance

Hplarrm

As best as I can tell from press reports the team sucked.

Not good news for us as in a perfect world Merrone would have put his stamp on this team, and the talented players we have drafted and sign would have already be showing good chemistry and command of the new D and O schemes.

However, last time I checked life was not perfect.

The good news about the fact we sucked.

However, while there is no guarantee of improvement, the fact the team was clearly lacking creates a number of positive event possibilities

1. There is a lot of room for improvement and the team has good potential to get the momentum started for positive improvement.

2, Clearly these players are immature, but this team has gotten a clear object lesson that they cannot even pretend to be adults. Merrone has been overly-permissive in my view so far, but actually, the players are rich boys who the latest brain research. Dareus actions are nuts, but he clearly escaped the car wreck with his life. This still may not to turn these boys into men, but a clear teachable moment has occurred.

3. Merrone has more than enough justification. He has tons of room to be draconian now.

4. Many players now have clear areas to focus on. Manual needs to crack the books and learn the offense Some will may a kneejerk assessment h cannot do it. However, this a football playbook and not learning to be a doctor and any collegian who led his college to victories should be able to do this.

5. Dareus problems have distracted the media to cover the soap opera of personalities, which keeps these leeches busy and off of messing around with the important stuff of football. It's sad that the media is not doing good coverage of news and instead is into the entertainment aspects of gotya journalism. I miss not having the real coverage of football, but given the media is a silly distraction I rather have them focus on personality rather than stoking position debates like they did with DF/RJ. An example of the current silliness was the recent Jerry Sullivan column arguing for cutting Dareus because Sully was sick of him.

This suggestion makes zero football sense as we have no clear replacement. The accelerated cap hit would kill this team.

Further, such a cut would actually reward Dareus financially as he would likely profit as an FA Pro Bowler benefitting him for being an idiot.

The media has become so stupid with h loss of Felser and promotion of the antics of the Schoop/Bulldog idiots that I am happy to see them distracted by idiocy.

The bad start may be a prelude to further meltdown but actually sts the table for stories about improvement.