Jacobs and the future stadium

I keep hearing this, but I wonder why they want a new stadium so badly? The Ralph is a good venue and the new renovations will keep it viable. I'd love a new state of the art stadium (as long as it doesn't hurt the game day experience, tailgating, etc), but if the NFL is that hell bent on stadiums why don't they tell the Packers and Bears to get a new stadium as well?

:thumbsup:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That guy was an "expert"? Please. Only 4 NFL stadiums are also owned by the team. Carolina, Miami, New England and NY/NY. Carolina and Miami might leave. Carolina had 15 years left but now only has 6 years left on its lease with the City of Charlotte because they received public funds for upgrades. Miami was denied public funds for upgrades and pulled the "we may leave South Florida" card. Kraft built Gillette Stadium for $350 mil after almost moving to Connecticut. Jets and Giants paid for the stadium but technically do not own the stadium. They have leases which they can opt out of after 15 years. New Vikings and Falcons stadiums will not be owned by the team. Matter of fact AEG will have a hand in running the Vikings new stadium. Most stadiums are owned by the city or county that they are in or a Stadium Authority is formed and the authority owns the stadium. Most have leases that run for another 15-20 years. The city/county/authority leases the stadium to the team and the team is in charge of operations. I still don't know what that hell that guy was talking about. Let's say a new stadium is built downtown. City of Buffalo owns the land, Delaware North builds the stadium and in return gets the concessions contract and other non-football events, The Bills would play there and be in charge of football operations. I would assume that Pegula, Jacobs and the NFL would be smart enough to have the proper deal in place. LA situation was way different. They don't have a team. AEG wanted all kinds of stuff, two totally different things