Brady vs The Clock

And do you know what silly? Calling someone you have never met a "mush brain".

I thought it was humorous, actually.

Do you have any statistics to prove I'm wrong?

Burden of proof is on you to prove unverified claims. I know you know that.

But here. I'll toss this out. It doesn't fully prove you wrong, but it is better than fairy dust and "I saw it with my own two eyes!"

http://profootballta...sser-penalties/

Now I know what you are thinking. "But FC, NE's offensive line is very good, that article doesn't account for knockdowns vs RTP calls!!!oneone!!11eleven!"

Have no fear my friend. A quick Google search provided this link!

http://www.footballo...roughing-passer

2009 through week 3 of 2011.

Brady with a 21.8 average KD/RTP ratio. Let's break down the numbers. Who had the lowest ratio? Ryan Fitsnoodles! He got more calls than Brady over 2 and 1/4 seasons! Peyton had a lower ratio than Brady, Pey Pey gets more calls! Brees had the exact same ratio as Brady!

And so my friend, it's over.

http://duelingcouches.blogspot.com/2013/01/tom-brady-gets-favorable-treatment.html

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More anecdotes. I just proved you wrong with league wide analysis. Were those calls "bad?" Sure. Doesn't mean he gets them anymore than the other stars.

Statistics can be misleading. One of the articles you posted states that the stats don't take into consideration the protection or the speed with which a QB gets rid of the ball.. What if you were able to review all the roughing calls on Brady and you determined that 25% were "bad" calls. You the did the same for Campbell and only 10% were "bad". What would your conclusion be? Now I don't believe that either you or I have the time, inclination or the resources to do this. What it means however is that neither statistic nor anecdotal evidence are conclusive.

More anecdotes. I just proved you wrong with league wide analysis. Were those calls "bad?" Sure. Doesn't mean he gets them anymore than the other stars.

So are you saying the diving after the knee rule change had nothing to do with Tom Brady getting hurt for the year? Or are you just saying that all star QB's get treated special... OR are you saying that all QB's are treated the same - sounds like the third option, but want to clarify.

So are you saying the diving after the knee rule change had nothing to do with Tom Brady getting hurt for the year? Or are you just saying that all star QB's get treated special... OR are you saying that all QB's are treated the same - sounds like the third option, but want to clarify.

I don't disagree with "star QB's" or even all QB's today. I disagree with "Brady in particular."

Because you have a bias. And Fouts is anecdotal as well. Show the stats or you have no grounds to claim.

Brady gets protected. The numbers support that. He is not protected more than Peyton or Brees. The only reason Bills fans think he is protected more than the other star QB's is because we play him twice a year.

Statistics can be misleading. One of the articles you posted states that the stats don't take into consideration the protection or the speed with which a QB gets rid of the ball.. What if you were able to review all the roughing calls on Brady and you determined that 25% were "bad" calls. You the did the same for Campbell and only 10% were "bad". What would your conclusion be? Now I don't believe that either you or I have the time, inclination or the resources to do this. What it means however is that neither statistic nor anecdotal evidence are conclusive.

My second article takes into account the protection. I found it after I found the first. The second article is the one you should read.

Whether Brady gets more "bad" calls is irrelevant because he gets the same or less number of calls as other stars. I can show you videos of Brees and Peyton getting some really really bad ones.

Edited by FireChan