Bush league play by Belichick

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

kinda freaky fez, I'm becoming more like you everyday -- spouting the virtues of DTV, then stuff like this ...

216921[/snapback]

I'm forming a cult... Just bring all of your money and possessions to me and you can join. :w00t::blink:

CW

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything, or I would've spit it out all over my monitor.

They don't run the score up?  So when they score a TD with no time left on the clock and the defense walks off the field in protest of two TERRIBLE calls that give them the game, they don't go for 2-points instead of the PAT?  Sorry, the Pats aren't classy.  They may be good, but they're not classy and they DO run up the score.

216880[/snapback]

Pete Carroll is classless, I'll agree on that. But I don't see how you can use that as evidence that BB was running up the score.

Pete Carroll is classless, I'll agree on that.  But I don't see how you can use that as evidence that BB was running up the score.

216941[/snapback]

I never said what they did yesterday was running up the score. But to say that the Pats organization is classy and doesn't do things like that, that's the part I scoffed at.

When did Belichek join the Pats? '99?

CW

I never said what they did yesterday was running up the score.  But to say that the Pats organization is classy and doesn't do things like that, that's the part I scoffed at.

CW

216971[/snapback]

But the Pats organization under Carroll is not the same as the Pats organization under Belicheck. It would be one thing if people were saying that the Pats, in their history, have never run up the score, but that wasn't what people were saying.

I agree.......on DTV.....I just don't think they (NE) did anything "wrong" in yesterdays game. It's a big boys game and just like we (Bills) had to take our just deserts and Cowhers "exhibition game" comments this past week, the Steelers and their fans need to take a good old fashioned butt whipping when it comes about....even in the AFC Championship game, when the entire football world is watching!

Speaking as someone who has personally witnessed 14 point comebacks in the last 2 minutes of a game, no it wasn't bush league. He did exactly what he should have done, he ended all hope. The game was over, no heroics, no comeback, no Tom Brady throwing from his arse...just over. Good night Pittsburgh, drive home safely... I wish the Bills could put the nail in the coffin like that a little more often a la Jacksonville, Jets #1, etc....

I disagree.....It is a two score game and your goal is to put the game away.  Screw playing for the FG.  The Super Bowl is on the line, therefore you go for the jugular.

PS Deion Branch made that Pittsburgh DB look silly down around the 1o yard line.

216511[/snapback]

My sentiments, exactly. Playoff football = go for the throat OR go home!

It's also hard to disagree with a guy named Labatts Blue!

I never said what they did yesterday was running up the score.  But to say that the Pats organization is classy and doesn't do things like that, that's the part I scoffed at.

When did Belichek join the Pats?  '99?

CW

216971[/snapback]

Parcells 93-96

Carroll 97-99

Belichick 00-04

The premise of this thread is extraordinarily asinine.

Pete Carroll is classless, I'll agree on that.  But I don't see how you can use that as evidence that BB was running up the score.

216941[/snapback]

That was six years ago, and the team was bing run by a completely different regime. I am a Pats fan, and I can admit the Bills got screwed in that game. It has nothing to do with the current team though.

do i hate the pats...yes, but was that a good call...yes, you are tryin to get to the Super Bowl, so all bets are off...and to those saying 14 points in 2 minutes is insurmountable, look at the Seattle-Dallas game a few weeks ago...wasnt seattle up 14 with only a minute to play...hmmm, lemme think, oh yah thats right, they ended up losing that game...

if pittsburg called and said "we give up" then you can run right in the centre of the line. Otherwise the play was fine and Pitt should have stopped them. Who cares if you lose by 21 or 14 - you lost. these are professionals not 8 year old kids.

stop your PC crying