What record saves this staff? Dooms them?

The new owner will no doubt try to go big and bring in a name as President of Football Operations, who then might very well line up his own FO and coaches, regardless of this year's record, unless it's deep into the playoffs.

I would be disappointed in any owner who spent half a billion and then let the status quo wallow in ineptitude.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what the title says.

Personally, I think whether they get in the playoffs at 7-9 or 10-6, they stay. 9-7 without playoffs they'll probably be fine. 7-9 or worse with no playoffs and it's over.

Odds of this staff being fired are low in any circumstance. This team had a lot more fight in it last year than in previous years. This team battled the worst injury situation in the league last year and were about 5 plays away from winning 10 games.

This team would have to lay an egg like Houston did last year...in other words, seriously regress. And it would also still depend on the circumstances. If we lost our starting QB again and other key players, that would certainly buy them another year. Especially since the staff has been pushing to get new trainers, so if injuries hit again I doubt they hang that hat on the staff.

I honestly expect us to make the playoffs anyway barring injury. This team is much more talented than people give it credit for, and its got young and hungry talent on it. This is the year we turn the corner.

To be honest, I think the AFCE is going to be one of the toughest divisions in football, yet I still think we will push for the title. Pats are still the Pats. Jets will be better and tougher and I expect the Dolphins to also be pretty tough. I feel every team in our division got reasonably better this offseason, and maybe I am biased, but I think the Bills made the biggest jump. I can see all the teams in this division winning at least 7 games.

New ownership aside unlikely they'd be fired after two seasons. Could mean Marrone dumps the ST or OC but likely he'll be back for a 3rd year.

New owners come in, all bets are off, they could make the playoffs and still be gone. Depends alot on who the owner is. If it were a football guy, all of sudden Dan Marino is part of a new ownership group, then they could be gone regardless of record. If a guy like Jacobs, or even Trump, then more likely coaches remain particularly Whaley and Brandon, though Russ may be in a different role if the new owner has their own president in waiting.

This

This kind of crap is starting to drive me nuts... Just what exactly is the conspiracy, than, Mr. Pro Personnel Director?? If he's so obviously not going to improve, and really will be the same as last year, surely it must be obvious to the MORE PROFESSIONAL TALENT EVALUATORS too, who have decided to hitch their wagons to a "terrible player" in an obvious win-now situation. I BET THEY'RE TRYING TO GET FIRED! I BET THEY DON'T KNOW AS MUCH AS YOU ABOUT THE SITUATION, BECAUSE YOU'VE OBVIOUSLY LEARNED MORE BY WATCHING 40 MINUTES OF PRESS CONFERENCE, A COUPLE HIGHLIGHT REELS, AND A COUPLE GAMES WHEN THEY ONLY GOT TO SPEND ABOUT 2,000 HOURS WITH HIM LAST FALL.

I'm sorry to single you out about this, but it's just absurd to think that know more than them about a situation reguarding football. And we can't even think they're just trying for next year and enduring a lesser QB today for potential later. This team has stated over and over and proven it through their actions that they are looking to WIN NOW. So what makes you think they haven't exhausted every possible avenue to improve every position on the roster, evaluated all rookie QBs, and arrived at the position that their best option for a WIN NOW MODE was EJ MANUEL??

What are you talking about? Seriously. I said they are going into this season with the SAME QB ROSTER ARE LAST YEAR. Stop me when I'm wrong.

The PRO TALENT evaluators have failed again and again and again.

Until I see some decent QB play out of this team, they are going nowhere. IMO.

I don't know more than anybody the Bills employ and less than many on this board, however I do know losing football when I see it.

And a question for you, what genius hired Crossman as ST coach? And WHY? Marrone: because he's his pal.

What are you talking about? Seriously. I said they are going into this season with the SAME QB ROSTER ARE LAST YEAR. Stop me when I'm wrong.

The PRO TALENT evaluators have failed again and again and again.

Until I see some decent QB play out of this team, they are going nowhere. IMO.

I don't know more than anybody the Bills employ and less than many on this board, however I do know losing football when I see it.

And a question for you, what genius hired Crossman as ST coach? And WHY? Marrone: because he's his pal.

:thumbsup:

Man I'm sick of this team being mediocre. The only hope I'm holding out for is that a new owner will change this landscape. If the Bills finish 6-10 and the new owner doesn't clean house, I will be very disappointed. Playoffs or bust for the Dougs.