Dammit, NE is just good...

Tony P

I have said twice already, now a third time in this thread, that I think they will start declining next season. I just think they deserve a little more credit than everyone wishing them to choke and choke hard. I see what they are doing as a positive, you don't have free agency making them lose their players after each season. If we win the Super Bowl, I'd like to do it in the style similar to the Pats. Rather than just a one year snab of it and then not challenging the next season

216149[/snapback]

I don't give two sheets what the Pats are doing!!! I am a Bills fan and cannot wait until the Pats lose and start to crap out. Everyone seems to think BB is a Genius. If he was a genius, he would not be coaching football. Let's see what he does without his two right hand men.

Lets go Bills in 05/06.

Honestly, I have never been able to muster up the same hatred for the Patriots, as i could for the Jets and Dolphins. They win with class, and they are fun as hell to watch. What is to hate? That they are in our division? It was easy to hate the Dolphins back in the 80's & 90's, because I always knew that they weren't going anywhere. The had a bunch of jerks on their teams, and ultimately, never won anything (other than Marino's passing titles- stats like that don't mean a lot to me, particularly in football), and I never considered them serious contenders. Yet, because they were a high profile national team, we had to have it shoved down our throat how great they were every year.

The Jets are a miserable team, and having lived in NYC for 5 and a half years, I can tell you, their fans, for the most part, make it very easy to root against them.

The Pats are a little different. They had a history of being awful to mediocre, and just sort of came out of nowhere, with a bunch of "talantless unknowns". They go to the Super Bowl, as heavy underdogs, and pull it off. Yet, even after that, nobody gave them any credit. They acted like one horrid officiating call (the tuck!) was the only reason the Pats won the Super Bowl that year. All that off-season, everyone said the Pats were one hit wonders, and would fade back into mediocrity. Well, three years later, and they will have been in two more Super Bowls, and likely won three in four years, and still people can't just admitt that they are a great football team.

As a Bills fan, I am glad the Pats are in our division. To be the best, you have to beat the best. I would rather play in a strong division, where almost every week has some playoff intensity. Teams like the Rams, Vikings, Packers and Seahawks may make the playoffs, but it is always apparent they weren't real contenders, once they get exposed and eliminated.

If the Bills can figure out a way to beat the Pats, they won't have a lot of problems with the rest of the leauge....

Honestly, I have never been able to muster up the same hatred for the Patriots, as i could for the Jets and Dolphins.  They win with class, and they are fun as hell to watch.  What is to hate?  That they are in our division?  It was easy to hate the Dolphins back in the 80's & 90's, because I always knew that they weren't going anywhere.  The had a bunch of jerks on their teams, and ultimately, never won anything (other than Marino's passing titles- stats like that don't mean a lot to me, particularly in football), and I never considered them serious contenders.  Yet, because they were a high profile national team, we had to have it shoved down our throat how great they were every year. 

The Jets are a miserable team, and having lived in NYC for 5 and a half years, I can tell you, their fans, for the most part, make it very easy to root against them.

The Pats are a little different.  They had a history of being awful to mediocre, and just sort of came out of nowhere, with a bunch of "talantless unknowns".  They go to the Super Bowl, as heavy underdogs, and pull it off.  Yet, even after that, nobody gave them any credit.  They acted like one horrid officiating call (the tuck!) was the only reason the Pats won the Super Bowl that year.  All that off-season, everyone said the Pats were one hit wonders, and would fade back into mediocrity.  Well, three years later, and they will have been in two more Super Bowls, and likely won three in four years, and still people can't just admitt that they are a great football team. 

As a Bills fan, I am glad the Pats are in our division.  To be the best, you have to beat the best. I would rather play in a strong division, where almost every week has some playoff intensity.  Teams like the Rams, Vikings, Packers and Seahawks may make the playoffs, but it is always apparent they weren't real contenders, once they get exposed and eliminated.

If the Bills can figure out a way to beat the Pats, they won't have a lot of problems with the rest of the leauge....

216162[/snapback]

I agree.