Fellow Bills Fans HELP !!

Would some one please help me understand the thought process ?

After the deal the Bills GM Doug Whaley made yesterday to get what some are calling the 2nd best player in this years draft & most say is the #1 draft prospect at the WR position this year plus that Watkins could be the best WR in the draft since Calvin Johnson (aka; Megatron) , there is a lot of talk weather it be in the fan base or in the media that the Bills paid to high a price ??

From where i'm sitting (and i know you all will tell me if i'm thinking wrongly)

We had a first round pick this year , we traded it to the Browns to move up 5 spots so we gained those 5 to get a top 5 guy in the draft . So we still have our higher pick this year , yes we did give up next years 1st & 4th but we could have gained quite possibly a history making player with those 2 picks .

If all goes as planned (& i think it will) with another couple good picks our Bills will finally be in the play offs which means our first round pick next year will be much lower let's say in the 20's of the first round which is not bad but it's not great either plus a 4th round pick (but refer to my first paragraph).

So we got the guy we wanted for a 1st & a 4th which could quite possibly turn out to be better than our HOF WR Andre Reed . So where is this paid WAY TO MUCH COST ? What was Bruce, Andre, Thurman, & Kelly worth to the Bills ?

As long as EJ is THAT QB that the Bills think he is then this is a no brainer (& that has yet to be determined), but i am apparently missing something in the translation which is why i am asking my fellow fans to help me with this interpretation .

Not to mention that if there is any possibility of trading say TJ Graham (dead weight) or Hogan for a late round pick ? or possibly doing as has been alluded to in the media trading Stevie for another mid to late round pick & dumping his contract then it makes this deal even better .

The only thing that will make this a crappy deal is if Watkins turns out to be Maybin then yes it was way to much to move up & get this guy & stranger things have happened, but i'm thinking a lot of the thoughts of this being to much to give up is B/C it's the Bills !

If this was say Dallas , the Broncos , Philly or The Patriots i'm thinking this would be the smartest move in the draft but B/C the Bills never get any respect this was way to costly a move :huh: !!

Please help my confusion :excl::blink::wacko:

Edited by T master