Anthony Dixon - Fred's replacement ?

You cannot replace Fred Jackson.

He may be my favorite Bills running back. With OJ, Davis, Thomas, Lynch, McGahee, and Henry, we've had a lot of good folks, but Fred Jackson is irreplaceable. To the left to the left.

The above comment sums it up correctly. Fred is the heart and soul of the Bills. I really hope he has a couple of good years left and they have some success. because, eventually he belongs on the wall. He's earned it.

You cannot replace Fred Jackson.

He may be my favorite Bills running back. With OJ, Davis, Thomas, Lynch, McGahee, and Henry, we've had a lot of good folks, but Fred Jackson is irreplaceable. To the left to the left.

I probably could have worded the question better. I don't mean replace him as much as could he step in for him if needed and do what Fred does. It sounds to me from the comments that if Fred got hurt, CJs carries would just go up and Dixon would go in for short yardage.

Dixon is a bruiser RB that is a pretty much exclusively a short yardage/goalline back in the NFL.

I don't think he's a guy you give the ball 10-15 times a game and ask him to make plays.

Incorrect that is what he was in SF, let the kid have a real shot in Buffalo then lets see what he really is. No one was going to get a legit shot over Gore in SF even if they might have been better (not saying Dixon is) because he is the established starter.

Lets let the guy get the rock this year and see what he does.

Incorrect that is what he was in SF, let the kid have a real shot in Buffalo then lets see what he really is. No one was going to get a legit shot over Gore in SF even if they might have been better (not saying Dixon is) because he is the established starter.

Lets let the guy get the rock this year and see what he does.

He wasn't able to beat out Kendall Hunter for carries. Lamichael James had more rushing yards.