Jerry Sullivan 25th anniversary column in today's Buffalo News

Which means.....he's a Sullivan surrogate. :lol:

A Sullivan surrogate, who is not arguing the effectiveness of Sullivan objectively, but rather "sticking up for his friend". :rolleyes: Sticking up for your friend is admirable. However, it should be done on twitter/facebook, as it is not appropriate here.

This thread is about whether or not we should be pleased with 25 years of Sullivan's work, or, at least that's what it turned into.

I don't see how his buddy coming here and telling us crap that doesn't have anything to do with whether or not Sullivan changes his opinions like the wind, such that he is never "wrong", and whether that behavior causes problems for the fan base, in terms of our infecting our "current thinking" with nonsense, has any value.

How many wasted threads have been started via the Sullivan "infection"? How many Sullivan memes(Ralph is Cheap) do we need to endure?

I'm not defending anyone; just telling you that I know who that poster is...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a St Louisan, just want to say how much I like your avatar. We are enjoying the fruits of that trade!

Well, let's hope we enjoy them fully too. We will be trying to sign OTT back, I think, so, fair warning. :lol:

Things are going as well as can be expected for both teams thusfar. In the game the other night the Blues did everything but score. And, as much as I truly think, not just hope, Joel Armia(slick skater, you'll see) is going to make a lot of people in Buffalo eat truckloads of crow, I still want more goal-scorers. I want more than we need, and then let them fight it out. Right now our D, and 3rd/4th liners, are already in the pipeline, and are probably the best in the NHL. (EDIT: And check it, a lot of people besides me are saying that) We need scorers to fill out the top 6. We need that pick to convert into a 1st this year, and we need to hit on at least half of our 1s and 2s this year and next, all goal scorers....so that the nightmare can end by 2017. I like our odds, especially considering how many chances we have, but still...who doesn't want more?

I'm not sure I agree about the "change their mind in private"....you CAN change your mind in private if you keep it private, but not if you're publically excoriating others for the actions or viewpoint you once endorsed. That may be what you meant?

I meant what I said.

Perhaps you passed by the "for a living" part?

When you get paid to speak publicly, and regularly, when you hang a shingle as an expert, or, at least somebody who knows WTF is going on, you forgo the right to change your mind privately. That is the price for getting paid. Who cares what you say/think privately. You aren't getting paid for what you say/think privately. No. You are getting paid for what you say publicly, and if that changes, it's on you to acknowledge that publicly.

Hell, even here people try to keep themselves accountable(to varying degrees of success, some we have to "help" to be accountable :lol:). And that's the word: accountability. When you get paid, you are accountable for what you've said. Nothing you "reserve the right" to do alters that.

I'm not defending anyone; just telling you that I know who that poster is...

I get it.

But, you understand that wasn't directed at you, right? That was....how do I say it without being guilty of...nope...better to leave it there. :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I'm neutral on Sullivan. But I don't expect him to paint a rosier picture than the steaming pile of well spun shite we've been following for the past 15 years. The man is paid to write. To create. To be interesting. For the most part, he's done that. I know that for sure because I'm writing about him and so are you.