He was our Champion

I really can relate to this. Most don't know this about me but I am a recovering jet fan. I am from Queens and used to go to Shea and watch games. When they moved to NJ I was through with them forever. I consider myself the consummate New Yorker and ran to the Buffalo Bills.

I have 3 beautiful successful daughters. They are Bills Fans because of me. Being a Bills Fan is part of my identity. I've been to approx. 18 Bills games and have met truly wonderful people thanks to this board. My girls are LOYAL, just as you stated. And they know what it means to not quit. They are all college girls. One graduated Dartmouth and had a free ride to Temple Law School. The other did Stony Brook and is thinking about a Masters. The baby is in Binghamton. They worked and studied. They surpassed me whereas I am just a street guy from Queens who grew up poor and had a very tough job. My babies didn't give up because they are like US.

Sorry to ramble, but I make the case that being a Bills Fan really CAN build character. We will argue all day, but Bills Fans share a bond and an ethic. We will complain, but we won't give up.

Thanks Mr. Wilson for giving me and my children something to hope for, and this sense of loyalty. Some day (and I don't know how), we are going to win. We really are. In a way, we already have. :)

You aren't rambling; you are giving us your thoughts in no particular order!

Cheers Bill :beer:

Edit: Tipster, great post! It is hard to think of really what matters in day-to-day life, but when something like this happens, it tends to bring us off the ledge and back closer to reality. I myself haven't been able to sleep much or even be a factor at work between Jimbo & now this, but there is something very different about Bills fans. There are friends & family moments that A LOT of us have because of this team. The amazing thing about this team; is that everyone all fans were like family. Even walking around the Stadium on game day, all people had to see is your Bills colors and you were welcomed to have some food or share a story over a beer or 2. It's that college atmosphere of an entire region that we have and well that is thanks to RW...

It wasn't too long ago that I was openly wondering about if these team would ever win with RW as the owner. I think we will miss him and all that he has not only done for keeping these team here but for the region. He really was the Bills #1 fan. I hope the next owner can bring as half as much as RW did to this team and region.

In some ways, it does like losing a family member or damn good friend...it sucks :cry:

Instead of being sad and down, we should use this as our rallying cry and support and love this team that RW gave us. We all bleed Bills blue we need to unite and keep RWs legacy alive and make sure we do our part to keep OUR family's team...

Edited by Reed83HOF