How about Lucas Oil Stadium in Buffalo?

oman128

Not a fan of Lucas Oil Stadium... at least from an exterior design perspective. It just screens rust belt. I seriouly want Buffalo to push the envelope on design and do something far more modern. I also believe we have no choice but to build a stadium with a dome; as the budget for a facility without a roof just doesn't make sense. You repilcate the Ralph and it will sit empty and unused more than 90% of the time.

Buffalo needs a new convention center.. The Buffalo Bills will need a new stadium. It's time to marry the two and get it done; and done right. Who knows if Buffalo will ever host a Super Bowl. I personally do not care. But what I do hope we replicate from the Lucas Oil Stadium is the way they incorporated OTHER THINGS TO DO around the stadium. Indianapolis hit a home run when they hosted the Super Bowl and no doubt the city will host another one in the near future.

But Buffalo needs to thing big - take advantage of its opportunities to help put this city back on the map. I know it will cost money - no matter how modern and cutting edge - but so will Lucas Oil Stadium.

My only concern - how do we build something that has greater shelf life than those dome stadiums that have already been replaced within 20-30 years of life? Buffalo cannot afford to build a new stadium now and then 25 years later. So, the design will need be modern. clean lines, and tastfully done.

Nice - but no thanks. I think Detroit when I see this:

lucas%20oil%20stadium%20exterior.jpg?pictureId=6608975

Go Big...

Durban-Stadium-500x290.jpg

sydney_olympic3.jpg

How many PSLs can we put you down for?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The words cutting edge and Buffalo NY don't often collide in the same sentence.

I do think because of the economics in WNY, that any new stadium needs to be multi purpose. Last night the NCAA wrestling was on TV from Oklahoma City, that's the type of extra event we could host in a closed roof facility.

Why not create a new college bowl game the Niagara Bowl.

You can just smell the NCAA Hockey coming to Buffalo in a few years after the harbor center is finished. They could host the NFL combine

Personally, while we would all be proud to host a Super Bowl, I think it's a pipe dream. On a positive note I've heard nothing but good things about Buffalo from the NCAA fans in town this week for March madness.

Edited by oman128

SUPERBOWL!!!!

That's why we need the dome. Not enough hotel rooms, no problem. Just set up cots right on the field. People will jump at the the chance to be right down there on the field.

For people that want to pay more we can put curtains up to seperate the cots. Got extra cash to spend? You get your own porta potty.

No problems, show the world we are 1st class.