Post combine, FA and personell interviews...

Williams is plugged in as the starting LG and it's his to lose. Pears @ RT with a healthy Hairston to push competition.

Whaley views Rivers as a 4 down OLB and Lawson will be used situationally, sometimes coming off the edge with his hand on the ground. Kiko to the outside (love it).

Graham will push Robey and be a ST gunner opposite Easley. Pretty much done in FA unless they find that "value" (multiple position) pick that will improve the team and push the guys around him.

Our top 2 picks in the draft will be (purely speculative and IMHO), with a hole @ MLB and Whaley's "favorite" NCAA game last year being NC vs. Miami, in which Ebron caught 8 passes for 199 and a TD, which was a 71yd catch and run for a score:

Trade back

1a Ebron

Trade up, back into rd. 1

1b Mosley

Remaining picks are up in the air. I'd expect a WR, S, OL, DT/DE, in no particular order. Guys I like, in each position (*favorite):

OL:

*Bitonio (3)

Britt (5-6)

Dozer (3)

Halapio (4-5)

C. Richardson (3-4)

WR:

*Moncrief (2-3)

Bryant (2-3)

Coleman (4-5)

Janis (6)

Washington (6-7)

S:

*Bucannon (2-3)

Dixon (4-5)

Sunsieri (6)

Huff (6)

Reynolds (3-4)

DT:

Carrethers (5-6)

Johnson (3)

*Reid (4-5)

Uko (4)

Coleman (6)

DE:

*Clarke (3-4)

Lynch (6)

Marcus Smith (3-4)

Mauro (4-5)

Westbrooks (6-7)

You're not getting Ebron if you trade back more than one or two spots. The Bills will be lucky if Atlanta doesn't take him at #6.

Maybe, but no way Atlanta passes up Robinson/Matthews with how heavily invested they are with Ryan, who took a beating last year. With the moves Tampa has made, I'd be more worried about them snatching Ebron, but I don't see him going top 10...more like around 15ish.

Maybe, but no way Atlanta passes up Robinson/Matthews with how heavily invested they are with Ryan, who took a beating last year. With the moves Tampa has made, I'd be more worried about them snatching Ebron, but I don't see him going top 10...more like around 15ish.

Unlike a lot of the draft sites, I think that Ebron is one of the last true elite players in this draft. I would put the order of the non-QB elite players as...

1. Clowney

2. Watkins

3. Robinson

4. Matthews

5a. Mack

5b. Ebron

I think what impact Mack brings on defense, Ebron brings the same impact on offense. So if I'm correct, then the Bills would be fortunate to see Ebron still there at #9. There's always a player that the draft sites are off with their ranking and I think that player is him. We shall see come draft day who's right.

Edited by 1billsfan

Since we strengthened ourselves at LB and CB in FA, I modified my draft needs. I’m still worried about the OL and safety, but the Bills seem unwilling to address that properly, I hope it doesn’t turn out tragically like the Lev situation did last year. I’m not saying the Bills did wrong letting Byrd and Lev go, just that they tried to address from within (or this year by overpaying REALLY bad FA talent) and failed horribly.

Ideally a trade down, if available for more picks in 2nd (& 3rd? ). But if not:

BPA at WR, TE in the 1st who is big, tall, good hands, ability to run good routes and give the QB relief when things go wrong.

BPA at OT in the 2nd. (Cyrus Kouandjio, Morgan Moses, Antonio Richardson, Jack Mewhort )

If no TE in the first, ASJ or Nikolas in the 3rd , CJ Fiedorowicz or Gillmore in the 4th

If TE already selected in the 1st, then LB Skov or Jones in the 3rd or 4th

BPA at Guard in the 4th if no TE or ILB taken

If Williams (RB) drops, select him or your QB prospect in the 5th (Murray?)

BPA at need positions in 6th and 7th (OL, S, WR, QB developmental)

Edited by simpleman

I did the fanspeak mock draft simulation and traded down in both the first and second rounds. I ended up with multiple picks in the second third and fourth rounds. This is what I came up with.

16 ILB C.J. MOSLEY ALABAMA 41 S LAMARCUS JOYNER FLORIDA STATE 53 WR KELVIN BENJAMIN FLORIDA STATE 73 OT JOEL BITONIO NEVADA 87 G ANTHONY STEEN ALABAMA 105 DE DEMARCUS LAWRENCE BOISE STATE 117 CB BASHAUD BREELAND CLEMSON 120 WR BRANDON COLEMAN RUTGERS 137 DE ED STINSON ALABAMA 149 ILB MAX BULLOUGH MICHIGAN STATE 169 RB DEVONTA FREEMAN FLORIDA STATE 201 TE JOE DON DUNCAN DIXIE STATE