Who thinks the Bills will trade up?

I think the Bills are serious about getting Watkins.

I too have a hunch that they are looking to move up, and I think it would be for Manziel, Watkins, or Mack.

I want Watkins the most out of those three, but I think they'd have to get St Louis's #2 overall pick to guarantee that they get him, and that price would be too high, IMO.

If Watkins is still on the board at #5, I think it wouldn't be too tough to make a deal with the Raiders. Give them #9 and #41 and the deal's done.

I'd be cool with giving up the Bills second rounder if they can eliminate some of their holes in FA.

If they can do the following, they will be in good shape to strictly do BPA in the middle and late rounds of the draft:

A.) re-sign Byrd (still think there's a very good possibility of that),

B.) add an ILB (if they lose Moats),

C.) re-sign Chandler (or don't, Moeaki, Smith, and Gragg should be serviceable. Also, I don't think Ebron or any of the other "move" TEs in the draft are locks to be game changers),

D.) add some OL (There are plenty of guys out there besides the "names" that would be instant upgrades. Hairston is allegedly ready to go as well, so I'm hopeful Whaley can get the OL fixed without too much trouble).

In the above scenario, I could see the Bills getting a decent RB in the third (Andre Williams?), and maybe some D line and secondary depth. And a punter for good measure.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an interesting thought...

Another though I had yesterday was...Let's say the Bills grab Evans at #9...Then for some crazy reason the Draft gets into the 20's and Ebron is still around...Would the Bills be wise to give up their #1 in 2015 to get Evans AND Ebron in this Draft? Can you imagine? B-)

I don't think of the two that Ebron would be the one to fall. It may be wiser to grab Ebron at 9 and then if Evans is still sitting around at pick 20 then we trade up to make the move. Ebron in my mind is the next coming of Vernon Davis and he was a top 10 pick that's why I think Ebron wouod be the wiser choice at 9

Edited by bufffan031

I don't think of the two that Ebron would be the one to fall. It may be wiser to grab Ebron at 9 and then if Evans is still sitting around at pick 20 then we trade up to make the move. Ebron in my mind is the next coming of Vernon Davis and he was a top 10 pick that's why I think Ebron wouod be the wiser choice at 9

I must respectfully disagree on one thing: the Vernon Davis comparison.

I like Ebron as a player, and I think he deserves to be a top 20 pick. Davis, however, had sub-4.4 speed at neary 250 lbs; Ebron is a 4.6 guy at that size.

I'm not excited about him at 9; I wouldn't be ticked about it either though.

Those "grades" are.not from NFL team scouts, they are from some non-NFL "scouting service". While Austin certainly appears to be a great talent, I think that there is legitimate concern that he will ever be a "#1elite WR" due to his lack of size. I would be surprised if many NFL teams (given the choice between them coming out of college) wouldn't have taken Watkins over Austin.

Again, not meant to demean Austin in any way - he finished last season strong and is very exciting. Yet, many here would be labeling him a bust had the Bills selected him - heck he only had 9 more catches last year than TJ Graham had as a rookie. To be clear, I am not saying that Austin looks like a bust - here, I am harping on a pet-peeve that some here think that if a rookie struggles, then is is instantly and forever a bust.

Well, it certainly was confusing to me to see those different grades, and with the better player getting the far worse grade.

Anyway, many fans need to remember that not only was the QB, and the best of the Bills WR corps injured a lot last year EJ 10 game starts- SJ played 12 games- Woods played 14 games. Plus, a rookie head coach, rookie play caller, and a WR coach was replaced for whatever reason. So, I'm not entirely convinced that the Bills are even that interested in another WR considering they drafted a #3 in 2012, and a #2 & #3 in 2013 on wide receivers.

Then you would need to think about what the Bills would need to give up in order to trade up. The #9 is worth 1,350, and some mock drafts have Watkins going as early as the #2 to St Louis 2,600, and as late as the #5 to Oakland 1,700, or #7 to Tampa Bay 1,500.

Then the Buffalo 2nd round pick is worth 490, and the 3rd pick 225. You do the math, as I just don't see a trade up. Especially considering that Whaley might actually prefer the taller WR in Evans or TE in Ebron.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/