'Everybody should be forced to think exactly like me, or else'

Democrat or not, I like this Klein guy:

“This is a moronic statement by someone who clearly does not understand the difference between politics and governing,” Klein spokeswoman Candice Giove said. “Marty’s been desperate for attention ever since his tenure as Vito Lopez’s handmaiden drove him into political exile.”

I don't understand how this

a member or officer of a party committee may be removed by such committee for disloyalty to the party or corruption in office after notice is given and a hearing upon written charges has been had.

applies. I mean, grammar-wise, this says if you are part of the party committee, as a member or officer, you can be removed. That doesn't say anything about an elected official who is merely a member of the party, and not the committee.

Are all elected officials a member or officer of a party committee? There are members of party committees that aren't officers, this thing says there are, by saying "a member or officer of a party committee".

If they meant "an elected party member, or, a member or officer of a party committee" they should have said so.

Also, the "handmaiden" crack is hilarious. Welcome to NY, MutherF'er!

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I don't understand how this

applies. I mean, grammar-wise, this says if you are part of the party committee, as a member or officer, you can be removed. That doesn't say anything about an elected official who is merely a member of the party, and not the committeere all elected officials a member or officer of a party committee? There are members of party committees that aren't officers, this thing says there are, by saying "a member or officer of a party committee".

If they meant "an elected party member, or, a member or officer of a party committee" they should have said so.

Also, the "handmaiden" crack is hilarious. Welcome to NY, MutherF'er!

Go Blues! Good trade I thought

Go Blues! Good trade I thought

I don't know how any sane person can come away from that trade, for 2 rentals, and say bad. Yet, there are still morons who say bad, like Barry Melrose.

Especially when we are now ~85% certain, given Miller's comments the other day about signing with them + the good chance they have at making the WCF, that we get 2 first round picks. Never mind the chance at getting even more 1st rounders out of Halak and Stewart. Carrier? Who cares? He's good, he's bad? He's a left wing that can play tough and score. He's sprinkles on the sudae. We can always knock them off if we don't like them. The rest of the thing is still awesome.

I was thinking it before the guy said it on NBC yesterday: "The Sabres should just set up their table on the stage at the next 2 drafts". :lol:

That's the thing: we haven't gotten half-way through the trades that I expect to happen. Moulson is gone for sure. Erhoff is a possible, so is Stafford, Tallinder, really anybody. So, we haven't even begun to get picks yet.

This is not D'Arcy Regier. I highly doubt we will get all fired up, only to find out that nothing happens.

Edited by OCinBuffalo