Vinnie Sunseri is a Younger Jim Leonhard.....

Bill from NYC

and he would cost even less.

Those of you who have read my posts over the years surely know my aversion to drafting defensive backs with early round picks. Vinnie Sunseri is going to be a very good safety, and due to his injury, he can be had in the late rounds.

I have seen virtually all of his games. This kid makes plays and he is an extremely hard worker. He was coached by the very best, Nick Saban, who by the way wanted him to stay in school. He will be a flat out beast on special teams. I have ZERO doubt about this.

They might even be able to get him in round 7, who knows? What I am saying is that if the Bills draft this kid, he will make plays for the Buffalo Bills, and perhaps even win us a football game.

Edited by Bill from NYC

With Meeks and Williams filling up the bottom tier of DB's I am ho-hum on adding more there. With a crowded roster @DB it is going to be ugly and we might have someone leave out Jabari Greer style. Searcy may be that someone.

With Robey playing packages so well its hard to find a spot for Searcy unless Byrd or AWilliams is out. If they're out it is a toss up between Leonhard and Searcy. The guy may be worth it but it'd be hard to get him time in here unless we move Byrd and give up on Meeks and DWilliams.

It will be a fun camp to watch these battles.

Good eye.

Sunseri caught my eye as well. I desperately wanted to be able to say, "This kid has no business playing in the SEC -The game's too fast for him"

Thing is, it wasn't.

His brother Tino may not have been NFL material, but Vinnie can ball. He's a good tackler, with surprising closing speed. Kid was right at home. Could he work out better than Searcy? -Wouldn't surprise me one bit. 6th to UDFA,,,