OT: Wis. Student Sues To Get Out of Summer HW

he might be a wuss, but common man, is he in summer school? why should he have homework if he is not taking classes? how would you like it if you HAD to bring work home with you after hours. and they are right, we need to let these kids be kids, in alot of instances we are pushing them too hard and too fast to grow up, youth and innocence is a thing of the past and it is unfortunate. that said, don't waste taxpayers money, take it to the school board, not the courts

he might be a wuss, but common man, is he in summer school?  why should he have homework if he is not taking classes?  how would you like it if you HAD to bring work home with you after hours.  and they are right, we need to let these kids be kids, in alot of instances we are pushing them too hard and too fast to grow up, youth and innocence is a thing of the past and it is unfortunate.  that said, don't waste taxpayers money, take it to the school board, not the courts

213742[/snapback]

It will come down to whether the school informed the students that homework would be required if you decide to take the course.

Regardless, he is still a wuss. :devil:

he might be a wuss, but common man, is he in summer school?  why should he have homework if he is not taking classes?  how would you like it if you HAD to bring work home with you after hours.  and they are right, we need to let these kids be kids, in alot of instances we are pushing them too hard and too fast to grow up, youth and innocence is a thing of the past and it is unfortunate.  that said, don't waste taxpayers money, take it to the school board, not the courts

213742[/snapback]

Any good sales today?

213742[/snapback]

The school made no secret that the honors program required summer work.

And there's a LOT of people who have to do work when they're "home." I'm on call 24x7. If something breaks, I have to fix it regardless of whether it's at 11am or 3am. Should I sue my company because of that/ No, I knew what the job entailed.

Kids are getting more and more lazy as time goes on.

CW

It will come down to whether the school informed the students that homework would be required if you decide to take the course.

Regardless, he is still a wuss.  :devil:

213749[/snapback]

My AP History and English classes made me do reading over the summers and I was still working full-time at the PandC, it really wasn't that hard to do both.

The school made no secret that the honors program required summer work.

And there's a LOT of people who have to do work when they're "home."  I'm on call 24x7.  If something breaks, I have to fix it regardless of whether it's at 11am or 3am.  Should I sue my company because of that/  No, I knew what the job entailed.

Kids are getting more and more lazy as time goes on. 

CW

213773[/snapback]

I always have to do work beyond the 8-5 stuff. It is something that is just expected of you. While you are hired for 8-5, you still need to do what is necessary to get the job done. I would love to have a job that always ends at 5PM and always starts at 8AM, but that is not reality for my line of work.