Is The NFL Top Heavy in FO Salary's ?

T master

OK , I get it that if you do a good job at your job you should get paid for it but come on !! After seeing the AIG bail outs & such & watching the CEO's & such earning multi million dollar bonuses & us complaining about it why shouldn't we complain about it in the NFL ?

Here we are as Bills fans in need of a solution what ever that may be when talking about the new stadium or renovations & commissioner Goodell made a paltry $44.5 million last year what's up with that ?

They have older players such as Joe D living on $2000 a month retirement & a ton of other issues like the concussion thing but when is to much pay for services rendered to much ?

Do you all think Roger is worth $44.5 mill + per year ? That should be plenty for his entire career ! If his career spans 10 years that is almost a half a BILLION dollars :blink: !!

I think if he was paid half that & every year $22 mill was put into a stadium fund along with some other profits from the multi Billion dollar a year TV contracts the NFL could build every team a new stadium every ten or so years starting with the oldest venues .

Why should the fans continue to pay for the exorbitant pay roles of not only the players but the NFL FO & the stadiums too ? :wallbash:

How much money can you spend when your annual salary is $40 + mill a year ? And if Roger is making that what are the others making ?

Roger being a home boy to western NY should devote a part of his salary to the Bills to a stadium fund if he really wants the Bills to stay in Buffalo . RIGHT ! Like that's gonna happen !!

Sorry just saw that there was already a article on this subject - My bad !!!

Edited by T master

Do you not get the difference between the companies that got bailouts and the NFL?

The NFL is amazingly profitable and Goodell is the man running it so doesn't it make sense that he get paid well for it?

was interesting to see Goodell's pay. Was reading somewhere that if he makes the typical 20 year run as commissioner he is on pace for in excess of $250 million in compensation.

And how many billions will the NFL generate over that same 20 year period?

Edited by Max997

Roger being a home boy to western NY should devote a part of his salary to the Bills to a stadium fund if he really wants the Bills to stay in Buffalo . RIGHT ! Like that's gonna happen !!

I usually dislike people that don't spend their money the way that I selfishly want them to spend their money. RIGHT ??

OK , I get it that if you do a good job at your job you should get paid for it but come on !! After seeing the AIG bail outs & such & watching the CEO's & such earning multi million dollar bonuses & us complaining about it why shouldn't we complain about it in the NFL ?

The NFL is profitable so the comparisons to AIG and the auto industry is irrelevant.

Here we are as Bills fans in need of a solution what ever that may be when talking about the new stadium or renovations & commissioner Goodell made a paltry $44.5 million last year what's up with that ?

The Bills stadium does not have an impact on what the commissioner is paid.

They have older players such as Joe D living on $2000 a month retirement & a ton of other issues like the concussion thing but when is to much pay for services rendered to much ?

Joe D was way before Rogers reign as commish so yet again, irrelevant.

Do you all think Roger is worth $44.5 mill + per year ? That should be plenty for his entire career ! If his career spans 10 years that is almost a half a BILLION dollars :blink: !!

I don't think he is worth anything but fortunately for him my opinion does not matter.

I think if he was paid half that & every year $22 mill was put into a stadium fund along with some other profits from the multi Billion dollar a year TV contracts the NFL could build every team a new stadium every ten or so years starting with the oldest venues .

That sounds great in theory but would never work since the cost of stadiums have so many factors and to make it fair would be nearly impossible, especially with the egos involved.

Why should the fans continue to pay for the exorbitant pay roles of not only the players but the NFL FO & the stadiums too ? :wallbash:

The fans are the ones who decide to pay or not pay, if enough stop paying it may have an impact but IMO the NFL is really "too big to fail", the NFL has ingrained itself so deep into our culture that it would take a monumental screw up to stop the machine.

How much money can you spend when your annual salary is $40 + mill a year ? And if Roger is making that what are the others making ?

Getting market value is what "Murica is all about and RG is maximizing her earnings.

Umm yeah that is ludicrous and I am guessing a joke.

Sorry just saw that there was already a article on this subject - My bad !!!