How to reset monitor?

bbb

All I did was reboot my computer, and everything looked messed up. Then there was a balloon on the bottom that said something about settings are all on low, and I can click it to change things. It did it automatically, and I said Yes, keep it.........But, I now I see it's way messed up.

I can't seem to find a good setting in my display settings in control panel. I seem to remember some way of kind of rebooting it to the right size.

Anybody know? Thanks.

monitor settings can be a B word. display size isn't that difficult to recover

never ever change the monitor type unless you know what the hell you are doing.

Adding multiple monitors is a pain in the butt. Windows seems inadequate handling the way you want to layout the displays. @ work we have two monitors added for hyrdraulic (water elevation/weather etc... data) information and then a big flat panel screen that hangs from the ceiling. The flat panel TV/monitor is used for Google Earth Pro/AiS system... This gave us 4 monitors hooked up to the CPU extended with 3 on the desk and 4th up high from the ceiling. The second monitor in sequence is the primary display. Here is the tricky part, the CPU's video card has minidisplay port connections. 3 monitors were DVI on desk and the TV/monitor up high had a VGA cable connection. I was able to find the minidisplay port to VGA connection adapter (@ Tiger Direct retail store), the DVI's had adapters too... Normal crossover adapters do not work, the adpater has to be dedicated going minidisplay to whatever. BUT, hooking up all four as extended from the main display was a puzzle to get it the way you wanted it w/the proper cursor/mouse movement. You think it would have been easier, I had to physically move one display w/another. I tried a ton of combinations! Do some connection types (VGA-analog to digital DVI to HDMI) take "priority" recognizing the display over others? If I wasn't able to get the desktop screen extended the way I wanted, I was ready to try a HDMI cable to the big display and see what that would do. That display did have a few unused HDMI ports. Well it finally worked out with display #1 being the VGA connection, display #2 being the primary display, and then #'s 3 & 4 extended to the right. Cursor/mouse movement starts up high @ #1 then moves to the right to the #2 primary then further right to the other two displays. Only way I could do it, I actually wanted the cursor to start @ #2 and end to the right w/the VGA up high from the ceiling... It just wouldn't let me! It kept naming the VGA connection #1! I wanted the VGA connection to be #4 and the primary display to the left #1... Then you would be able to move across the desk from left to right and then end up on the ceiling monitor. Instead, it gave me what I mentioned above! Wallbash!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois