With Patriots new identity, it has to be Oline and DT

Well, I don't have the confidence in the patchwork Oline approach they've been following for the past 15 years and I, for one, hope they invest in some Oline "studdage", like NE, SF and Seattle have done. It doesn't have to be in Round 1, but it can't be in Round 7 either.

The ONLY WR that fits the bill, that I have seen, is Sammy Watkins and he'll be long gone by 9. So, may I interest you in another trade down, take TE in the 1st and a couple Olinemen bt Rounds 2-4?

I'm coming around to your Oline of thinking. I'm starting to like what I'm reading about Greg Robinson at 9.

As you mentioned in short yardage situations, too many times they seemed to fail. They really don't have a good Pair of linemen to dependably run behind for short yardage. Glenn-legusky? Urbik-pears? I don't think so.

A guy like Robinson will also be good insurance if they can't afford Glenn down the line...so to speak...

In R2, I won't be surprised to see one of the top 2 guards still available, and I won't be disappointed if they pulled the trigger on Oline again!

At the top of the draft, you take the best players, not fill holes. There are Guards, run-stuffing LB's, tall "red zone" WR's etc., that can be brought in without using their top pick. The Pats are the perfect example...they know what each player can do, and give them specific tasks, and use them for certain situations. Their talent on defense (especially with all these injuries) isn't better than the Bills.

I bet Belichick would swap defensive personnel STRAIGHT UP, in a minute.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

The Patriots have done an incredible job at fixing what has been missing in their playoff runs. Not only is Brady still elite, they now have the run game to just take over games. It would be one thing to compete for a playoff spot outside the division, but with them taking the division every year, the Bills HAVE to figure out how to stop the dual threat more than ever. I have ZERO doubt in my mind that if the Bills take a WR or TE in the 1st round this year, it would be a HUGE mistake. If there is a OT sitting there at 9 that is a game changer, you have to take him. Pick up the best guard you can in FA and add a DT or run stopping LB in the 2nd.

This Patriots team is pretty scary to think about and when they add Wilfork, Mayo, Spikes and Gronk next year - ugh

For the life of me I just don't understand why people think we need to pick an Olineman in the first round. We have the 3rd ranked rushing attack with weak QB play. What there says Oline is a need? Please stop listening to Joe B. He's 26 and has football knowledge equivelent of a fan. We can use a mid round guard. That's it! We have glaring needs. QB. LB. TE. WR. But I wouldn't touch WR until we fix QB. Even a fantastic pass rusher would be much better than OT. A dominant DT. Attack teams relentlessly. Just watch Seattle. SF. That's what we want.

For the life of me I just don't understand why people think we need to pick an Olineman in the first round. We have the 3rd ranked rushing attack with weak QB play. What there says Oline is a need? Please stop listening to Joe B. He's 26 and has football knowledge equivelent of a fan. We can use a mid round guard. That's it! We have glaring needs. QB. LB. TE. WR. But I wouldn't touch WR until we fix QB. Even a fantastic pass rusher would be much better than OT. A dominant DT. Attack teams relentlessly. Just watch Seattle. SF. That's what we want.

Not that I'm bursting your bubble here Bud, but there's no chance the BILLS are using a high or mid-round Draft pick on a QB...they'll probably take a flyer on an UDFA and bring in a Vet to help make sure the BILLS don't have a repeat of this year, but EJ is their man for at least one more year.

We have the 3rd ranked rushing attack, in part, BECAUSE we have weak QB play. The Bills run because they can't pass. They run straight ahead because the guards have NO ability to pull. The QB is constantly being flushed out of the pocket to the point where he's leaving before he should because he doesn't trust the pocket. The Bills typical stat line this year was Jackson 67 yards, Spiller 46, QB 27. Belichick dominates the Bills with street FAs and low round picks on his Dline because he knows we have, in his words "a horsesh%$" Oline.

Uh….I disagree.

Finally, there are a lot of high picks on the Seattle and SF O-lines (although Seattle has had to deal with injuries). It's no accident they are playing this weekend.

We have the 3rd ranked rushing attack, in part, BECAUSE we have weak QB play. The Bills run because they can't pass. They run straight ahead because the guards have NO ability to pull. The QB is constantly being flushed out of the pocket to the point where he's leaving before he should because he doesn't trust the pocket. The Bills typical stat line this year was Jackson 67 yards, Spiller 46, QB 27. Belichick dominates the Bills with street FAs and low round picks on his Dline because he knows we have, in his words "a horsesh%$" Oline.

Uh….I disagree.

Finally, there are a lot of high picks on the Seattle and SF O-lines (although Seattle has had to deal with injuries). It's no accident they are playing this weekend.

If we draft a lineman with the 9th pick. It will be an OT. Do you reccomend we use a 9th pick on a guard? We dominated very good teams at the point of attack. We would have been even better if CJ didn't turn into toilet paper this year. Guards can be found in the 3rd round.

I would argue we had a good running game in spite of bad QB play. Not because of it. If we had a qb teams respected. Or playcling that had even a little imagination it would be even better. If Marshawn or Gore was our RB we wouldn't be having this convo. Our sack totals are a direct correlation to bad qb play. Very bad qb play.

And the reason sf and Seattle are playing this week is because they not only have the talent. They have the mentality. There are sooo many things wrong with the bills. It's unreal. Watching our recievers and qbs laughing on the sideline while we were getting blown out in week 17 is EXACTLY why. Tom Brady was on the other sideline with a big lead a stone cold game face. Our guys think it's funny. That's not the oline.