Great moves 2013

vegas55

Give credit where credit is due; one of the best moves made by the new Bills regime was recognizing the talent of Leodis McKelvin and rewarding him with a contract extension. I thought he was the Bills best db in 2013, and in many games was a flat out, shut down corner. Somehow his ability/potential completely eluded Wanny, as did many things. I still recall the last minute loss to the Titans in 2012, where they completed the game winning TD pass on a 4th and 9 play. Wanny had Justin Rogers and Byron Scott out there unsuccessfully attempting to cover a wide receiver and tight end; while Leodis sat on the bench.

Well, this won't be a popular thread, but it's a good idea.

Among others:

1) Hiring Pettine as DC. He has transformed a D with a lot of the same personnel. Still work to be done on run D, but a lot of promise.

2) Goes with #1 - improved pass rush

3) Signing (and re-signing) Branch

4) Signing Lawson

5) Extending Wood (see what I just did there)

6) Not trading Byrd

7) Drafting Goodwin (looks like a keeper)

8) Trading down in the draft to net an extra pick --> Kiko, while still getting the QB prospect they wanted.

9) Turning a camp cutdown player into Thad Lewis, a potential long-term backup or #3.

The big problem, as I see it, is that not enough of these improvements are on offense. Hopefully we see some more of them coming to fruition in 2014. It'll have so much to do with EJ's development.

Well, this won't be a popular thread, but it's a good idea.

Among others:

1) Hiring Pettine as DC. He has transformed a D with a lot of the same personnel. Still work to be done on run D, but a lot of promise.

2) Goes with #1 - improved pass rush

3) Signing (and re-signing) Branch

4) Signing Lawson

5) Extending Wood (see what I just did there)

6) Not trading Byrd

7) Drafting Goodwin (looks like a keeper)

8) Trading down in the draft to net an extra pick --> Kiko, while still getting the QB prospect they wanted.

9) Turning a camp cutdown player into Thad Lewis, a potential long-term backup or #3.

The big problem, as I see it, is that not enough of these improvements are on offense. Hopefully we see some more of them coming to fruition in 2014. It'll have so much to do with EJ's development.

You forgot to mention a Hughe(s) move we made in April last year.

Lets not forget about the Thad Lewis trade also, I highly doubt Chris White would've had as much of an impact.

thank you. i forgot his name in a different thread and it was bugging my like the song that gets stuck in your head that you don't know the name of but keep humming all damn day.

i think robey and summers made great additions , i think moats and bradham days are numbered

agreed, and it pains me to say that as i love arthur moats, he just seems like a great guy and extremely positive, upbeat person. i just kinda hope he is one of the six special teams aces marrone is talking about.

Lets not forget about the Thad Lewis trade also, I highly doubt Chris White would've had as much of an impact.

Some might argue the loss of White was one of the reasons our special teams coverage was so lousy.

But yeah, I think that was a good trade.