(OT) NYPD Blue fans

AKC

I thought last nights NYPD Blue was the best they've put in the can in 3 or 4 years and a perfect showcase of the things that have made it such a great show over the course of its run. The guest roles were nearly all flawlessly pulled off, the storylines- especially the diner family murder- were as good as any true crime feature film in recent memory and one of the regulars stepped big time into a pile that is sure to bite her very excellent ass next week.

It reminds of the time Bochco was on Chevey Chase's awful late night show and Chase asked him why TV was so awful anymore- right before Bochco rattled off a list of Chase's "lesser" accomplishments like Three Amigos and Invisible Man.

3 episodes ago i was watchin it, the one about the drive by at the playground and right before my eyes a kid i grew up with had a little speaking role, i really couldnt believe my eyes so i had to rewind and sure enough it was my man. they tape it in california and last i heard thats where he moved to. i wonder how much he got paid.

i think his line was:

"people from around here come to see the game, people from all over come to see him"

It reminds of the time Bochco was on Chevey Chase's awful late night show and Chase asked him why TV was so awful anymore- right before Bochco rattled off a list of Chase's "lesser" accomplishments like Three Amigos and Invisible Man.

211812[/snapback]

"The Three Amigos"...a lesser accomplishment? C'mon, man. You're talking about one of the all time great comedies. Great line after great line. Great scene after great scene. Lesser accomplishments? Oh man...that hurt.

I would say there was a plethora of great moments in that film.

"The Three Amigos"...a lesser accomplishment? C'mon, man. You're talking about one of the all time great comedies. Great line after great line. Great scene after great scene. Lesser accomplishments? Oh man...that hurt.

211831[/snapback]

"My little buttercup........"

211831[/snapback]

I was errant in excluding the context of the Chevy Chase/Bochco interview- Chase said there was "no longer any television programming of redeeming value" when Bochco brought up the Chase record.

one of the regulars stepped big time into a pile that is sure to bite her very excellent ass next week.

Can you tell me what happened? I fell asleep on the sofa after the part where they said the task force was going to take that guy down in Atlantic City that her cousin was going with.

Can you tell me what happened?  I fell asleep on the sofa after the part where they said the task force was going to take that guy down in Atlantic City that her cousin was going with.

212475[/snapback]

Of course Rita had her new blonde sidekick bust the cousin for an overnighter to keep her from being part of the Atlantic City setup. Chances of this not being part of a continuing storyline? 0%- Which means word gets back to the squad about it-

There's not much I watch on a regular basis, other than the Bills and NYPD Blue.

When I was out of work a few years ago and I got hooked on the old reruns shown on TBS and Court TV. I'd never seen the show during it's original run with Jimmy Smits, and only starting watching about the time Rick Schroeder came on board. Still haven't seen the Caruso episodes, except for the pilot episode where Sipowicz gets shot.

Anyway, we TiVo the 6 pm Court TV episodes and watch it as our post or during dinner TV show. The Jimmy Smits years were great, but I actually think the Rick Schroeder episodes had the best characters and storylines.

I don't think any other show has done such a great job of developing complex characters and having great guest actors portraying 'skels' and various deadbeats.

The show started going downhill with the new partner (John Clark) - such a boring character all they can think to do with him is have him get involved in a lot of romances. He's not even a good actor.

The current group in the squad are fairly mundane - John Clark, Ortiz, Jones, Murphy, Lieutenant whats-his-name, etc. Nothing interesting at all about these characters. I suppose it was hard to recruit top talent for writers and replacement actors the past few years, knowing the show is nearing the end.

Haven't seen Tuesday night episode yet. Will check it out tonight. Hopefully they'll save this season with a good ending. Looks like Sipowicz will become a sergeant and Metavoy will go into real estate.

The show started going downhill with the new partner (John Clark)  - such a boring character all they can think to do with him is have him get involved in a lot of romances. He's not even a good actor.

212553[/snapback]

You're in for a treat- Clark is way under the radar in this episode, and like some of the classics it's not the regulars who carry the hour- it's the guest roles. I'd rate two of the guest roles from this episode as good as any I ever recall seeing.