Question about Buffalo media - mean no disrespect

extrahammer

Hi John, first, let me state again, I have a great respect for many in the Buffalo media, including you. I know you guys work extremely hard, long hours, and genuinely love to write. I'm not asking as an insult, I'm asking because I wanted to know.

The question of the 14 straight playoff-less seasons wasn't a "fan mentality" question. It was a legitimate, end of the season, Pres/CEO, GM, HC at the podium question. I felt those questions should have been asked and given more context. The fact that it wasn't pressed on - to me - seemed a bit incomplete. I feel more of those questions should have been asked at a "Season Wrap Up Press Conference," - not after a Bucs game or whenever it was asked.

If my question invoked conspiracy theories, it wasn't intended to, but you and I both know teams will easily play 'the media is against us' card.

As far as me being a fan during 14 years of not making the playoffs, I'll ignore it because I didn't ask my original question out of emotion. :thumbsup:

uhh, the first question asked was in regards to Brandon's stated objective of transforming the Bills' "tarnished" reputation, and how far they still need to go.

as for missing the playoffs for 14 straight years, i do believe many of those questions have been asked and answered dozens of times over the past month.

as Buftex noted, what questions might we have missed on?

-- EJ's development/injuries. asked.

-- adding quarterbacks, including one in the draft. asked.

-- Stevie Johnson's status. asked twice.

-- Jairus Byrd. asked.

-- run defense. asked twice.

-- staff changes, including special teams. asked.

this isn't watergate. there is no real scandal here. any objective observer of this team understood it was going to take more than one year to turn this franchise around.

to badger for the sake of badgering to satisfy the need for a fan's desire for pound of flesh isn't my job description.

perhaps, you're not satisfied with the front-office's answers. well, that's another issue.

so let me ask a tough question of you: if you're so unhappy with 14 straight seasons of missing the playoffs, why are you still a fan?

jw

Edited by MrJasper

Hi John, first, let me state again, I have a great respect for many in the Buffalo media, including you. I know you guys work extremely hard, long hours, and genuinely love to write. I'm not asking as an insult, I'm asking because I wanted to know.

The question of the 14 straight playoff-less seasons wasn't a "fan mentality" question. It was a legitimate, end of the season, Pres/CEO, GM, HC at the podium question. I felt those questions should have been asked and given more context. The fact that it wasn't pressed on - to me - seemed a bit incomplete. I feel more of those questions should have been asked at a "Season Wrap Up Press Conference," - not after a Bucs game or whenever it was asked.

If my question invoked conspiracy theories, it wasn't intended to, but you and I both know teams will easily play 'the media is against us' card.

As far as me being a fan during 14 years of not making the playoffs, I'll ignore it because I didn't ask my original question out of emotion. :thumbsup:

What question, in regards to the 14 years of not making the playoffs should they have asked? I am pretty sure Brandon, as well as Marrone and Whaley realize that the team hasn't been to the playoffs for 14 years. I am pretty sure they are all disappointed that they didn't make the playoffs. I am fairly certain that they realize that fans are disappointed that they haven't been to the playoffs in 14 years. What question, in regards to this, are you looking to have answered? What is the "legitimate question" that should have been asked?

Edited by Buftex