OG Mike wahle to be cut by packers

ch19079

http://www.packersnews.com/archives/news/pack_19483598.shtml

"would count $11.375 million against the cap next season. That would make him the Packers’ second highest-paid player, behind only quarterback Brett Favre, whose salary cap number will be $11.733 million."

"Guard Mike Wahle almost certainly will be cut by the Packers before the March 2 deadline and allowed to become an unrestricted free agent. "

"the Detroit Lions gave guard Damien Woody a six-year, $31 million contract that included a $9 million signing bonus. "

he looks to be the best OG in FA. would you pay that much for him??

we need a OT and OG. tough to pay that much for a OG. OT maybe, but not a OG.

"would count $11.375 million against the cap next season. That would make him the Packers’ second highest-paid player, behind only quarterback Brett Favre, whose salary cap number will be $11.733 million."

"Guard Mike Wahle almost certainly will be cut by the Packers before the March 2 deadline and allowed to become an unrestricted free agent. "

"the Detroit Lions gave guard Damien Woody a six-year, $31 million contract that included a $9 million signing bonus. "

211399[/snapback]

I like him...but do the Bills really need a guard?

These blurbs are awesome news for the Bills.

We need OL, and there seems to be a nice lot for us to choose from.

A restructure or 2 and a cut or 3 and the Bills should have enough cash to bolster the OL even with JJ leaving.

211399[/snapback]

i wouldn't pay that much, but i would give him a 5 or 6 year deal averaging 3-4 million/year with a 6-8 million signing bonus.........he's a year older then woody was this time last year and hasn't been to the probowl.......this year's "guard" market also appears to be deeper then last year.........

his teamate, marco rivera, is a free agent and at 32 should be considerably cheaper.........

You cannot put a franchise tag on a player who is under contract.

211443[/snapback]

i only know what i read in the artical.

and can you name our 2 gaurds???? i know 1 he is good.

the other is a bum.

if jennings is gone, we need an OG and OT.

it would be nice to get a DE and TE but......we are not great their, but good enouph.

211424[/snapback]

i think it's obvious we need a guard.......we had minimal push in the inside run game all year and played musical LG for the first half of the year, which in my opinion is a largly overlooked reason why it took the offense so long to get started.......we plugged in smith when he was obviously not ready and then went with tucker because he was the only other real option........

i've said it before, but with pete kendall at LG starting the year this team makes the playoffs in '04, IMO........it's really a shame TD was too cheap to shell out for him.......i hope he doesn't make the same mistake again this year and try to get by with 2nd rate players at the position again......

211424[/snapback]

I think so Tom. In fact, imo they need 2.

If a LG is available via free agency who can play a comparable game to CV at RG, the Bills OL would be vastly improved. I like Tucker, and he could be a great backup, or perhaps even a center if Teague is moved to LT.

I would also want to draft another one. The steelers keep putting forth these monsters, and imo, they make Staley and an old Bettis appear to be better than they would perhaps be under other conditions.

Whadda ya think? :P

PS: Not that it matters, but the Bills did pretty well with the last UFA they signed from the packers.

anyone think that blocking for WM is going to be a plus for attracting FA Olinemen?

next year when everyone has our OL ranked at the top of the league because willis goes ballistic, the new faces on the line may get plenty of props.

ps. i like the idea of wahle if he becomes available. playing in GB is one of the best places in the league to prepare for playing in buffalo. i wonder how in demand he will be?