OT. Stupid Companies

mcjeff215

Ok... so there's this big.. um... STORM coming through Florida, right? Check.

We've got a data center in Miami, or near it. Right in the path of the storm I gather. The employees are GETTING OUT with their families. So what do we do? We solicit brave souls from ATLANTA and ship them down to FLORIDA to wait out the storm IN THE DATA CENTER that is IN THE PATH of the DAMN STORM.

They're not going AFTERWARDS because they don't want to be denied access to the Miami area should the storm wreck stuff.

Is it me, or is this just STUPID? I've been joking about it all day... that our IT staff is going down to "protect Florida."

(Coincidentally, we fired half the Miami staff yesterday as part of a end-of-the-fiscal-year reduction in force.)

They're going to boot systems back up should they loose power. Ok. Pfft. Ak. Stupid! So a week from now when it comes BACK ON you can reboot something.

Nice.

Ok... so there's this big.. um... STORM coming through Florida, right? Check.

We've got a data center in Miami, or near it. Right in the path of the storm I gather.  The employees are GETTING OUT with their families.  So what do we do? We solicit brave souls from ATLANTA and ship them down to FLORIDA to wait out the storm IN THE DATA CENTER that is IN THE PATH of the DAMN STORM.

They're not going AFTERWARDS because they don't want to be denied access to the Miami area should the storm wreck stuff. 

Is it me, or is this just STUPID?  I've been joking about it all day... that our IT staff is going down to "protect Florida."

(Coincidentally, we fired half the Miami staff yesterday as part of a end-of-the-fiscal-year reduction in force.)

They're going to boot systems back up should they loose power. Ok. Pfft. Ak. Stupid!  So a week from now when it comes BACK ON you can reboot something.

Nice.

16109[/snapback]

Gee is the CEO going along to support his troops? Oh ...I see