Did we miss out on GM?

Whaley isn't the problem as I see things. Its the CEO Russ Brandon (Ralph Wilson's minime)that is running the team in my view.

I honestly don't know how much freedom Whaley has to do anything, and in particular if he has any power at all over the coaching staff. Because the hiring of Marrone looked like it was all Brandon.

After this last draft I have complete faith the GM and scouting dept have improved dramatically. Its the coaching staff that is the major concern here, and more importantly will they ruin the first round draft pick at QB?

Why was it all Brandon? Explain to me what evidence there is of that? Was Brandon a good GM, no but as president he's done fine. I've read comments on here that RB just hired his college buddy. Brandon went to Fisher, Marrone went to SU, but hey no reason to let facts get in the way of a good argument. Wasn't Whaley rumored to be in the running for one of the GM positions last Jan, (prior to when Buffalo named him GM) If what you're stating is true, wouldn't he at the least interviewed for some of these openings? The fact that he didn't tells me he's happy being the Buffalo GM and doubt he'd be happy if Brandon was over ruling him and really calling the shots.

The comments here about how we missed on hiring Gus Bradley, he may turn out to be the better choice but looking at their bio's they both have very similar years in college, Bradley a few more, but at a smaller profile school, both were NFL position coaches and coordinators on opposite sides of the ball. Biggest difference between the two was Marrone was a college head coach for 4 years, took a morbid program and made it better than respectful. Hindsight is great, but even there, no way can argue that Bradley is a better choice based on body of work to date.

LOL. If you think that's the high road, you better find a better map.

Thanks for the feedback :thumbsup:

I understand the intent and wasn't bashing the goal by any means - I know you meant well - just letting you know that it often doesn't work out that way in practice/execution.

I hear ya...