Officiating (and not just the Bills game)

wnysteel

Another log for the fire - Byrd's roughing the passer on his 3rd down sack - ruled that he hit the QB too low. The reply showed he hit him above the knees!!

That one had me screaming at the TV too.

I disagree about the hit on R Woods. Definitely NOT a penalty. The DB (Revis ?) hit him with a shoulder, and was nowhere near his head. Woods caught the ball and took a step or two upfield. Man's game, don't fumble.( It was a fumble IMO, not an INT. Regardless, if that was a penalty you may as well make the NFL a flag football league. It was within the rules, even by today's incredibly wussified standards. The officiating has been poor, especially late in games involving New England, but after yesterdays debacle they've now won more games than they've lost due to these calls.

Agree with this. Woods was hammered but the play Revis made was legit. Welcome to the NFL Woods.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree about the hit on R Woods. Definitely NOT a penalty. The DB (Revis ?) hit him with a shoulder, and was nowhere near his head. Woods caught the ball and took a step or two upfield. Man's game, don't fumble.( It was a fumble IMO, not an INT. Regardless, if that was a penalty you may as well make the NFL a flag football league. It was within the rules, even by today's incredibly wussified standards. The officiating has been poor, especially late in games involving New England, but after yesterdays debacle they've now won more games than they've lost due to these calls.

Though I agree that it should have been called a fumle, the fact that it was called an INT means that the WR couldn't have met the criteria needed to be not considered defenseless(under the new girly rules).

• 3 weeks later...

The officiating this year, and every year is awful. For the most part they are far too old to do a good job. This truly needs to be addressed. Simply having a "war room" to overturn call is nowhere near enough of a change.

Sometimes you can understand missing something, There is a lot going on at the same time. But take as an example the blown hands to the face call yesterday that allowed the Bills to score a TD. I mean, it was out in the open, he obviously was looking there as he saw the pats* player do it. But didn't see the Bills player doing the same thing at the same time? Crazy.