The "Peter and Ralph Principle" the Perfect Storm at Work

patfitz

say what you will, but Nix was an upgrade on what they had, and allowed for a transition to move forward. Whaley was being groomed for the GM job ever since he got here.

jw

He may have been an upgrade from your position, but from a team's perspective his tenure proved to be worse than Brandon's.

Yet, that transition may have been Brandon's plan all along. Why agree to step down for a real NFL-caliber GM, when you can have Nix baby sit it for three years and have you step back in?

You took Brandon to task for only going up the Thruway for his coaching hire, but at least there was legitimate interest from real coaches in the job this time around, as opposed to the 15 daily phone calls that Buddy apparently received.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may have been an upgrade from your position, but from a team's perspective his tenure proved to be worse than Brandon's.

Yet, that transition may have been Brandon's plan all along. Why agree to step down for a real NFL-caliber GM, when you can have Nix baby sit it for three years and have you step back in?

You took Brandon to task for only going up the Thruway for his coaching hire, but at least there was legitimate interest from real coaches in the job this time around, as opposed to the 15 daily phone calls that Buddy apparently received.

there's a sense that with a team president, gm and stadium lease in place, that the Bills have more stability. that wasn't the case in 2008-09 when questions abounded over the team's future, the lease, its commitment to winning and the lack of a real football-oriented administration.

the Bills really had little choice but to bring in Nix and start building a bridge to the future. and the lack of coaching candidates reflected that, which is why they settled on a "retread" in Gailey.

the team has shown progress over that time to the point where the coaching job became more attractive. not sure if Mario's signing changed things, but there is a sense things are more stable in Buffalo. and Nix's presence on that front can't be discounted.

now, let's see how this front-office proceeds through the offseason and whether it will revert to the one step forward, two steps back mode in regards to filling necessary holes. too often, that's been the trend.

#curious.

jw

Mr. Wawrow,

It is so simple, it!s funny. The3 buck has to stop somewhere. You can blame all

the underlings you want and you are right, but who picked the GM, who picked the

person underneath, etc., etc.

You sound like a PR flack for Mr. Wilson.

Whose fault are the problems with Obamacare? You can put the blame on a

pencil pusher or computer hack, but since Mr. Wilson can!t or won!t accept

responsibility for this mess, you be big enough to do it for him, since

you are a apologist for him.

there's a sense that with a team president, gm and stadium lease in place, that the Bills have more stability. that wasn't the case in 2008-09 when questions abounded over the team's future, the lease, its commitment to winning and the lack of a real football-oriented administration.

the Bills really had little choice but to bring in Nix and start building a bridge to the future. and the lack of coaching candidates reflected that, which is why they settled on a "retread" in Gailey.

the team has shown progress over that time to the point where the coaching job became more attractive. not sure if Mario's signing changed things, but there is a sense things are more stable in Buffalo. and Nix's presence on that front can't be discounted.

now, let's see how this front-office proceeds through the offseason and whether it will revert to the one step forward, two steps back mode in regards to filling necessary holes. too often, that's been the trend.

#curious.

jw

I'll give you my answer when I find out who's in charge of contracts...

Mr. Wawrow,

It is so simple, it!s funny. The3 buck has to stop somewhere. You can blame all

the underlings you want and you are right, but who picked the GM, who picked the

person underneath, etc., etc.

You sound like a PR flack for Mr. Wilson.

Whose fault are the problems with Obamacare? You can put the blame on a

pencil pusher or computer hack, but since Mr. Wilson can!t or won!t accept

responsibility for this mess, you be big enough to do it for him, since

you are a apologist for him.

whatever. ignore what i've written and come to your own assumptions. not entirely sure where i've suggested Mr. Wilson is not without fault or blameless. of course he deserves his fair share of blame. i also happen to respect the guy. and if that makes me an apologist, well i'm not going to say sorry.

but go ahead and believe whatever it is you think. it's a free world.

several times in my conversations with Mr. Wilson, he's taken the blame for his team's struggles.

but obamacare, wha? odd.

jw

I'll give you my answer when I find out who's in charge of contracts...

no secret about that. it's been well publicized that Jim Overdorf handles contracts.

jw