If you were GM for a week, what would you do?

13player

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me, first off I wouldn't do anything with SJ, he's been about as loyal a Bill as there ever has been, and you don't get rid of a guy like that when you're starting to be good. I think LG is shaping up ok, or at least manageable for now, but I would draft one if a stud mean guy was there in the 2nd/3rd. Add a stud LB in the first or depending on Byrd, perhaps a solid ball hawking safety. I think this FO has shown that they can pick off quality players from other clubs or FA, so adding D-Line is not a priority AT this time. QB play from Ej here on out will tell me all I need to know about drafting another one, but I am hopeful we have our guy. TE, basketball style is a must, even in the first round if necessary. In short there are a lot of ways to go, and adding another RB late isn't out of the question.

Who's your friend Roger, who may be my friend too?

Some homeless dude on his smarphone? (or maybe this is me)

A sex aholic?

Roger Rabbit?

Mr Goodell i know you have had quite a battle lately. and might want to turn the reigns over

meet my up and coming asst to the GM . Clipper ! who has proven himself. heres his resume. i think he will be a good fit to fill your shoes

Strip club organizer check

Ralph wilson double check

Head guard for falling fan prevention check

Guy who shoots bb bullets at opposing teams check

That guy check

Jill quality checker

check and check

whaddya think Roger ?

Here's what I'd do: (1) Maximize my CAP space in 2014 and 2015 by; moving Fitz's $10M in dead money from 2014 back into 2013; restructure Kyle and Mario Williams, Fred Jackson and move more money into 2013 and out of 2014 and 2015 --- extend Aaron Williams --- in other words, spend every cent of the cap space I have in 2013 and free up as much space as I can for 2014, 2015 -- I want and need financial flexibility in those years to add pieces ----

It's unfortunate that you put so much thought and effort into your post. I stopped after your first point as it is unfortunately wrong.

I don't think one actually can move the Fitz money back......but even if one could it would have no effect on the 2014 cap due to rollover rules. The Fitz 2014 cap hit is $7m(not $10m). Moving it into 2013 would simply mean that we would have $7m less to roll into 2014.

Extending Mario is a "maybe" situation......he is already signed till he is 32(2017) and will doubtfully accept much of a pay cut, meaning there will be massive cap hits every year for years to come......with a chunky dead cap hit when we finally need to cut him.

Extending Kyle is not logical as his 2014 & 2015 cap hits are already under $6m/year.....

Freddie is $3.7m next year on his final contract year, extending him would mean adding questionable dollars into the 2015 year.

Extending Aaron could only worsen your 2014 cap situation as his slated 2014 cap hit is only $1.7m heading into FA.

There is no way you trade Stevie. He has a contract that is cap friendly. Also there is no way we get more than a 3rd for him.

I agree one shouldn't trade Stevie.....but his contract is not exactly cap friendly from 2014.

2014 cap hit: $8.5m

2015 cap hit: $8.85m

2016 cap hit: $8.95m (30 years old)

SJ is actually one of the players that it makes sense to restructure to free up 2014/15 cap space IMO.

How about not trade Stevie and just draft a stud TE with our first rounder instead.

My scenario is better than yours!

Agreed. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dibs

I assume you mean in the off season becasue hardly anything can be done now...

1. The first day thatByrd can be signed I would make him highest paid safety in the league.

2. Trade Spiller and next years number one to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald.

3. Find a quality Guard/Center to sign to a decent contract. He competes for LG spot.

4. Sign Branch to a reasonable extension.

5. Let Carrington walk

6. See if A. Williams will extend his contract with a bit of a disocunt knowing he is getting extension a bit early.

Reversing my usual recommendation, I trade Stevie and a second to get back into the first round and take the highest rated TE.

In rounds three and later I focus on LB's, DB's, and OL. Maybe take a flyer on a QB late.

That's an interesting proposal. I think Arizona declines it. It's fair to question if Spiller is even an upgrade on Ellington.

I would look to trade Spiller. Someone's willing to give up a 2nd and change for him, I'd probably do it. Take advantage of whatever RB value is left before it's totally gone.

The Cards recently(ish?) extended him. They would cop a massive dead cap hit.....and we would be looking at some very big cap hits just for his base salary over the next few years.....http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/larry-fitzgerald/