Why doesn't Hackett call more passing plays to the RB's?

Jerry Jabber

From Marauder's Micro: "Especially when they are weak at WR (and TE), why not have their 2 best offensive players (FJ and CJ) on the field at the same time? Both can catch the ball well out of the backfield. ..it's mystifying."

From mjt328: "The rookie excuse has worn thin. They are 10 games into a 16 game season."

From WGR's Howard Simon yesterday: "...but the worst moment came one minute into the fourth quarter. It was 4th and 5 at the Pittsburgh 36 yard line and the Bills were down 17-3 yet Marrone played the field position game. The punt left Pittsburgh at their own 11 and they promptly moved the ball out to near midfield before the drive stalled. I know the offense is dying out there but you have to take a shot down 14 with 14 minutes to go. You're at the Pittsburgh 36 for goodness sakes! Just go for it. What have you got to lose at that point?"

There are more examples than just the above three, but one simply has to question the ability of Marrone and Hackett to finger out their SCH**TT!?

OK, Hackett has a big deal father/coach for whatever that's worth. But Marrone was the Offensive Coordinator of the New Orleans Saints , when they were tearing it up ferchrissakes! How can he allow all this clueless game-decision stuff to hose us?

When they punted on the 36 yard line of the Steelers, I had to leave the bar. Why bother watching when the coach just told the world that he has less than zero confidence in his offense, AND OH BY THE WAY, he hasn't noticed that his defense has been horrendously overworked, and he doesn't get that at some point he has to scheme to take advantage of his players' emotions?

That decision to punt made me puke.

Edited by Rhode Island Red

From Marauder's Micro: "Especially when they are weak at WR (and TE), why not have their 2 best offensive players (FJ and CJ) on the field at the same time? Both can catch the ball well out of the backfield. ..it's mystifying."

From mjt328: "The rookie excuse has worn thin. They are 10 games into a 16 game season."

From WGR's Howard Simon yesterday: "...but the worst moment came one minute into the fourth quarter. It was 4th and 5 at the Pittsburgh 36 yard line and the Bills were down 17-3 yet Marrone played the field position game. The punt left Pittsburgh at their own 11 and they promptly moved the ball out to near midfield before the drive stalled. I know the offense is dying out there but you have to take a shot down 14 with 14 minutes to go. You're at the Pittsburgh 36 for goodness sakes! Just go for it. What have you got to lose at that point?"

There are more examples than just the above three, but one simply has to question the ability of Marrone and Hackett to finger out their SCH**TT!?

OK, Hackett has a big deal father/coach for whatever that's worth. But Marrone was the Offensive Coordinator of the New Orleans Saints , when they were tearing it up ferchrissakes! How can he allow all this clueless game-decision stuff to hose us?

When they punted on the 36 yard line of the Steelers, I had to leave the bar. Why bother watching when the coach just told the world that he has less than zero confidence in his offense, AND OH BY THE WAY, he hasn't noticed that his defense has been horrendously overworked, and he doesn't get that at some point he has to scheme to take advantage of his players' emotions?

That decision to punt made me puke.

to be fair he was also the OC for the saints when they had sean payton and drew brees..... and didnt know how to use reggie bush. well i think he has a good pedigree and likely learned a lot, it is also a lot of question marks as to what was him vs SP and DB, and those offenses were not without flaws.

we will see.... i know patience isnt a well appreciated word around here, but Marrone hasnt been here the last decade and a half, and piling on in november of his first season wont fix anything....

Well, 15K plus posts humbles me (to a degree), and I will admit that my post probably amounts to 'piling on'.

But Hall, I'd bet dollars to donuts that I'm not only older than thou, but also have been addicted to ye olde Bills for longer as well, and I long for the days of Lou Saban and Wade Phillips when this team showed some cojones.

After years and years of lurking about these pages, this year I was sufficiently inspired to actually finger out how to log in and post simply because it SEEMED that this new regime was something different, and a step forward.

To my mind, the oft-stated-here fear of losing Pettine in the near future feels real... if it were my impetuous self running this operation I would can Marrone and Hackett based on what we've seen this year and make Pettine the HC. At the very least no one could question our aggressiveness, not to mention unpredictable play calling.

Edited by Rhode Island Red