Your favorite Hackett call of the day

EDinRTP

No actually I wouldn't. When they got to the 1 I said do this just like the Bengals game except get it. Run the thing 4 times, if you don't get it you don't deserve it and they are on the 1 yard line. For a so called running team to not be able to get a yard 4 times is bad. Why put the ball in the court of a rookie undrafted QB to read the D, make the throw etc. To me the most disturbing thing about this coaching staff is that they don't play the percentages. I'm sick of third and short bombs along the sideline a la EJ in the Jets game.

I guess I don't know what you personally would be saying, but if the Bills ran it and got stuffed there would be a thread with people complaining that we're too predictable. Most judgments around here are only made with the benefit of hindsight. I was fine with a run or a pass. Just make it a good call and execute. I can't tell you if it was a good play call, but I can tell you that we didn't execute.

I was happy with the way the entire game was called with the exception of the three play sequence beginning on the 1st and goal at the 1.

KC clearly had a hard time dealing with a power run all game. But two of the three plays in this sequence were run from the shotgun. Shotgun run plays take too long to develop, as evidenced by the stuff of that run. The ensuing 3rd down call was just baffling. Your run game is dominant all day and with 1.5 yards to the end zone you put the ball in the hands of the 4th string QB.

The sequence should have been as follows:

1st down - power run by FJ or Choice with the FB lead blocking

2nd down - power run by FJ or Choice with the FB lead blocking

3rd down - power run by FJ or Choice with the FB lead blocking

Worst case scenario here we score three points, we do not give up a momentum killing pick six.