Bills injury updates for week 9 vs. Chiefs

KikO M G

I know other threads are discussing injuries for Sunday but I thought it made sense to put them together for easy access.

Marrone said today that Thad is still 50/50 for Sunday. He did not practice again on Thursday. He did not say whether Tuel or Flynn had the edge if Thad cant go.

Marrone expects Spiller to play Sunday. He was limited in practice on Thursday.

Hogan and Burton both missed practice but are expected to play Sunday.

Freddie and Stevie both practiced Thursday after not practicing Wednesday.

It looks like our only injury concern right now is with Thad. And given he doesn't have any fractured ribs and this could be his last start before EJ returns, my money is on him starting.

No idea who the backup will be but I will guess Flynn will be named the backup for this week only because I don't like Tuel.

Edited by Right Manuel for the Job

Marrone said this morning that Lawson will be ready to go. Pretty huge for our run defense (defense in general IMO). Sounds like Charles is banged up with sprained knee, but will play.

I wonder when we'll find out if Thad is going to practice today. They said that xrays on his ribs showed up negative so they are just badly bruised. Still not comfortable for throwing a football and taking hits in the pocket, but better than cracked ribs (a la Fitz).

I know Stevie is going to go, but I wonder how healthy he can possibly be with all that he has going on.

I know other threads are discussing injuries for Sunday but I thought it made sense to put them together for easy access.

Marrone said today that Thad is still 50/50 for Sunday. He did not practice again on Thursday. He did not say whether Tuel or Flynn had the edge if Thad cant go.

Marrone expects Spiller to play Sunday. He was limited in practice on Thursday.

Hogan and Burton both missed practice but are expected to play Sunday.

Freddie and Stevie both practiced Thursday after not practicing Wednesday.

It looks like our only injury concern right now is with Thad. And given he doesn't have any fractured ribs and this could be his last start before EJ returns, my money is on him starting.

No idea who the backup will be but I will guess Flynn will be named the backup for this week only because I don't like Tuel.

I thought Burton was cut a little while ago? Is he still showing up to work anyway?

Marrone said this morning that Lawson will be ready to go. Pretty huge for our run defense (defense in general IMO). Sounds like Charles is banged up with sprained knee, but will play.

I wonder when we'll find out if Thad is going to practice today. They said that xrays on his ribs showed up negative so they are just badly bruised. Still not comfortable for throwing a football and taking hits in the pocket, but better than cracked ribs (a la Fitz).

I know Stevie is going to go, but I wonder how healthy he can possibly be with all that he has going on.

Where those alleged cracked ribs ever confirmed?

Chris Brown says he has only thrown 1 pass so far. Wonder how sore those ribs still are. Decision after practice re who will start. Seems likely to be Thad though.

Mike Rodak says Thad is not throwing the ball...

Thad cannot throw the ball. It's looking like Tuel time...

Chris Brown says he has only thrown 1 pass so far. Wonder how sore those ribs still are. Decision after practice re who will start. Seems likely to be Thad though.

Mike Rodak says Thad is not throwing the ball...

Thad cannot throw the ball. It's looking like Tuel time...

@JoeBuscaglia

Marrone said it depends on how Lewis looks at practice on Friday. If our 15-minute snippet is any indication, didn't look great. #Bills