Please stop running up the middle on 1st and 10

BillsLux

I don't know, it seems to a lot of Bills fans that we run that stupid 1st down play quite a bit for no gain. Sometimes we run it again on second down, too. I'm sure Hackett has a good reason for calling it, though.

Again, ingratiate yourself to just one of the many all-22 reviews. If it "seems" then find clarifying information. Or just assume the coaches suck, the team sucks, the city sucks, we suck, I suck, you suck, he sucks and she sucks. The choice is yours, I guess.

Edited by The Big Cat

I guess my big problem with it is other teams see that we run up the middle on 1st down too......EVERY game.....it would seem to me that there is a opportunity here to use our game speed for a big play in running play action on that play.......

also

While running like that does wear down defenses....it seems to me that OUR running backs are getting worn down....they are starting to do a 3 back rotation which is smart...but I would like to see Frank Summers much more involved running/catching the ball in this offense....I feel he is being GREATLY under utilized.

Frankly....I would like to see the bills shut Spiller down for a couple of weeks and go with Jackson/Choice/Summers.......because Spiller is so limited right now

Here is what a real offensive coordinator does.

He runs the plays on first down that gain yardage. That means mixing it up and calling what the defense is not expecting. If you are really clever you will have them confused and not knowing what to do. If a play does not work, do not run it again. Never throw a pass interception. They really hurt. Do not worry about what coverage the defense is playing, you should dictate the offense. Spiller should always run to the outside. Jackson always to the inside. That way they will be confused when Choice is in there. A good offensive coordinator like Kevin Gilbride can take you to the Super Bowl.

You want your offensive coordinator to be experienced and understand pro football. You also want him to be innovative, young and not predictable. On 4th and goal from the one, they should call plays that score a touchdown. If not, they should probably be fired and replaced by the quarterback coach.

A really good offensive coordinator always should know how the team will execute the play that he calls. For example, if the left guard is going to miss the block, do not call that play, call another. Simple, any "maroon" should figure that out

A balanced mixture of runs and throws on first down should be dictated by what the opposing defense give for looks. Knowing which one to use, and which players can execute them with a high success rate can be the Achilles heel. Good coaches get lucky, Great coaches know.

Part of the problem is that Marrone/Hackett are not making the best use of the offensive talent they have to work with; they are both inexperienced, learning on the job and it shows. Of course, you can make the argument that they are scoring 20+ per game, but the play calling needs to improve. Look at the first and goal a few weeks ago, no excuse not to score there. Gailey was an OC masquerading as a HC, but he was more adept at play calling and maximizing the use of the offensive players. Spiller's drop off in production is not entirely due to his sore ankle; some of it is the play calling.

He runs the plays on first down that gain yardage. That means mixing it up and calling what the defense is not expecting. If you are really clever you will have them confused and not knowing what to do. If a play does not work, do not run it again. Never throw a pass interception. They really hurt. Do not worry about what coverage the defense is playing, you should dictate the offense. Spiller should always run to the outside. Jackson always to the inside. That way they will be confused when Choice is in there. A good offensive coordinator like Kevin Gilbride can take you to the Super Bowl.

You want your offensive coordinator to be experienced and understand pro football. You also want him to be innovative, young and not predictable. On 4th and goal from the one, they should call plays that score a touchdown. If not, they should probably be fired and replaced by the quarterback coach.

A really good offensive coordinator always should know how the team will execute the play that he calls. For example, if the left guard is going to miss the block, do not call that play, call another. Simple, any "maroon" should figure that out

Love this. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lmao bravo