Proposed Trade...Would Ya?

Johnny Hammersticks

I was just offered Darren McFadden for Gio Bernard. Bernard has been pretty mediocre, usually reliant on scoring a TD through the air as he rarely gets on the field in goal line situations. He usually sits on my bench, as I have better flex WR's.

McFadden came back last week from a hamstring injury, and took over lead RB duties with 20 carries in a blow out loss to KC. Not very productive in the run game, as he only gained like 50 yards. Had 3 catches for 30 plus yards. On bye this week, but has a few favorable matchups after the bye. I'm concerned about him being injury prone, but I see a lot of potential here.

What do you all think?

I wouldn't do that, cuz I think the Bengals offense is going to improve over the coming weeks...I have had McFadden before on FF teams, and he is just a frustrating guy to rely on. Of course, I am doing lousy this year, so what do I know. I have been trying to come up with a fair trade package to get Bernard in my league...

Yes, but how is Gio a better fantasy option at this stage in his career? As a previous McFadden owner, I am well aware of his proneness to injury and erratic play. I also think the Raiders o-line is a complete disaster. As long as he stays healthy, however, at least he is getting substantial carries. He also gets touches in goal line situations, where as Gio is on the bench.

Despite DMC missing an entire game, and a good portion of Another, he and Gio have similar fantasy numbers.

I'm totally on the fence here, but I guess I was looking for more constructive feedback.

Yes, but how is Gio a better fantasy option at this stage in his career? As a previous McFadden owner, I am well aware of his proneness to injury and erratic play. I also think the Raiders o-line is a complete disaster. As long as he stays healthy, however, at least he is getting substantial carries. He also gets touches in goal line situations, where as Gio is on the bench.

Despite DMC missing an entire game, and a good portion of Another, he and Gio have similar fantasy numbers.

I'm totally on the fence here, but I guess I was looking for more constructive feedback.

I think the Bengals are going to get stronger, offensively, as the year goes on...they have been starting to play, offensively, like they were expected to before the season started...the more points they score, the more opportunites for Gio. I like Terrell Pryor in Oakland, and I think their receivers are playing hard for him...but I just don't see the Raiders getting better as the season goes on. Not super scietific stuff there, I know..but I will take Gio's upside over McFaddens' already established pattern of being injured (but not injured enough to be a scrach before game-time) or, just invisible.

I think the Bengals are going to get stronger, offensively, as the year goes on...they have been starting to play, offensively, like they were expected to before the season started...the more points they score, the more opportunites for Gio. I like Terrell Pryor in Oakland, and I think their receivers are playing hard for him...but I just don't see the Raiders getting better as the season goes on. Not super scietific stuff there, I know..but I will take Gio's upside over McFaddens' already established pattern of being injured (but not injured enough to be a scrach before game-time) or, just invisible.

Thanks for the feedback. I ultimately decided against the trade. He counter offered Ridley for Gio Bernard and Julius Thomas. I told him he must be smoking crack. I think I will hang onto Gio for a little while. See how things shake out. I scooped up Percy Harvin off waivers this week, and I hope he will really give me a boost come playoff time.

Thanks for the feedback. I ultimately decided against the trade. He counter offered Ridley for Gio Bernard and Julius Thomas. I told him he must be smoking crack. I think I will hang onto Gio for a little while. See how things shake out. I scooped up Percy Harvin off waivers this week, and I hope he will really give me a boost come playoff time.

Haha that is an awful trade offer. I think Gio will become more involved as the season progresses and DMC will constantly be listed as a GTD and since almost all of his games are at 4pm EST you will have to risk him sitting and getting a 0 if you have no other options playing at 4pm, Sunday night or Monday night. He is a giant headache to own IMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.